3-Hours Hiking Trip in Rodrigues Sur les Pas des Anciens
|Operating Days||Monday, Thursday|
|Activity Time||08:30 - 11:30|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||All participants must be in good physical conditions.|
3-Hours Hiking Trip in Rodrigues (Sur les Pas des Anciens)
This guided hiking trip in Rodrigues will give you the opportunity of discovering age-old paths that Rodriguans used to take to head towards the capital in the past.
Back when proper infrastructure linking the small villages located in the West and Midwest to the capital city was unavailable on the island, getting around Rodrigues was not an easy and quick task. The natives had to tread along the hilly landscape for quite a while to access Port Mathurin, the capital city and also the harbour.
This 5.3 km trail will take you on a discovery journey of the old and new Rodrigues. While treading on those beaten tracks to go to Port Mathurin, you will get to learn more about the history of the island from an experienced guide, while also exploring magnificent valleys between bordering mountains and the splendid Rodriguan coastline.
Hiking along terrific landscape, that includes majestic mountains, impressive hills and beautiful valleys, while learning about the island’s past will undoubtedly be a highly pleasing experience for you.
- Departure point: La Ferme, in the Midwest
- Ending point: Allée Tamarin, in the North
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Operating Days: Monday & Thursday
- Duration: 3 hours
- Activity Time: 08:30-11:30
- Minimum age required: 10 years
- Reservation is required 72 hours in advance by phone & is subject to availability.
- All participants must be in good physical conditions.
- What to bring: bottle of water, sport shoes, sunscreen, hat, camera.
- Price per participant: 17 Euro
Customers who bought this activity also purchased