Padi Advanced Open Water Diver Course - Tamarin
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||This diving course can be done after completion of the PADI Open Water Diver Course. CLOSED on sundays|
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Tamarin at the West of Mauritius
Looking for the ultimate adventure?
Looking to improve you diving skills, have more exciting experiences and gain more safety while diving?
...Then this is the right activity for you! PADI's Advanced Open Water Diver program improves your diving skills and allows you to explore some of the top diving adventures. To experience diving to the fullest this course is a must.
With Mauritius Attractions you can take the Advanced open water diver course with Mauritius’ friendliest and most professional PADI Dive Center located at Tamarin on the west coast of Mauritius next to the town of Flic en Flac.
The PADI Advanced open water diver course is given in French, English and German (it is also possible to arrange courses in other languages upon request -minimum number of participants is required).
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be an “advanced diver” to take this course – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course .
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and builds your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving, all under the direct supervision and guidance of qualified PADI instructors.
The course which consists of 5 adventure fascinating dives, will introduce you to
- Underwater navigation
- Deep water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 meters/ 60-100 feet)
- 3 special adventure dives of your choice
Besides the 2 compulsory dives (Underwater navigation, Deeper water diving ), you will enjoy 3 more adventurous dives, such as a ship wreck dive, boat dive, night dive, cave dives or others. The course consists of theoretical lectures about the special dives, 5 open water dives, and ends with an international recognized certification.
During the course, the day usually starts at around 9.15 and ends between 13.00-14.00. Usually there are 2 dives a day on 2 different dive sites. During the dives you can enjoy a snack-break on the boat (included in the price).
What will you learn?
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planner
- And much, much more - depending on the dives you choose
Included in Price
- 5 open sea deep dives
- PADI course book
- PADI’s theoretical exam
- International PADI certification
- Full diving equipment
- Snacks and refreshments
- Family members of the divers who are not diving can enjoy free boat trips and snorkeling as long as there is enough space on the boat.
- For the Advanced open water diver course a medical certification of good health, not older than 1 year, is required
- The open water diver course can usually takes 3 days, the exact number of days depends on the number of dives you will decide to go on each day
- This trip is offered everyday except on Sunday
- You should have a PADI Open Water Diver certificate (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- You must be 14 years or older to take this course
All year round Mauritius is a very safe and beautiful location for a diving holiday. Both beginners and certified divers can be sure to have safe enjoyable dives in these perfect conditions.
- To learn more about the diving conditions in Mauritius check our Diving in Mauritius page
- You can also learn about the different diving course available in Mauritius, the general structure of a diving courses, and on the biggest diving organizations by checking our Diving Courses page
Price per Person for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course: 395 Euro
Please note that
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing or respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.