Padi Open Water Diver Course - Tamarin (West Coast)
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||A medical certification of good health, not older than 1 year, is required. CLOSED on sundays|
PADI Open Water Diver Course in Tamarin
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Learn to dive in safe and controlled conditions under the direct supervision of qualified PADI instructors.
With Mauritius Attractions you can learn to Scuba Dive in Mauritius with Mauritius’ friendliest and most professional PADI Dive Center located on the west coast of Mauritius at Tamarin, next to the town of Flic en Flac.
The PADI dive courses are given in French, English and German (it is also possible to arrange courses in other languages upon request -minimum number of participants is required).
Open Water Diver course: it is the most popular and well-known diving course in the world, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. This is an internationally recognized course entitling you to dive independently anywhere in the world.
We offer a 4-5 days PADI Open Water Diver Course consisting of 1 session of pool/shallow sea dive consisting of 5 lessons, and 4 open sea dives, as well as theory sessions and a final written exam.
The first 2-3 days center on theory and diving training in shallow seas. The last 2-3 days will focus on diving in the open sea, exploring the amazing diving sites and marine life Mauritius has to offer while putting to practice all which you have learned. For the open water diver course the open sea dives are at depth of between 14-22m.
During the course, the day usually starts at around 9.15 and ends between 13.00-14.00. Usually there are 2 dives a day at 2 different dive sites. During the dives you can enjoy a snack-break on the boat (included in the price).
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of 4 main phases
- Knowledge development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Learn basic scuba skills through initial dives in protected areas
- Learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques
- Experience Open Water Dives to review and improve your skills and to explore Mauritius' amazing marine life!
Included in Price
- 1 session of pool/shallow sea dive consisting of 5 lessons
- 4 open sea dives
- PADI course book
- PADI’s theoretical exam
- International PADI certification
- Full diving equipment
- Snacks and refreshments
- Family members of the divers who are not diving can enjoy free boat trips and snorkeling as long as there is enough space on the boat
- For the open water diver course a medical certification of good health, not older than 1 year, is required
- The open water diver course takes 3-5 days, the exact number of days depends on the number of dives you will decide to go on each day
- You must be 10 years or older to take this course
- This trip is offered everyday except on Sunday
All year round Mauritius is a very safe and beautiful location for a diving holiday. Both beginners and certified divers can be sure to have safe enjoyable dives in these perfect conditions.
- To learn more about the diving conditions in Mauritius check our Diving in Mauritius page
- You can also learn about the different diving courses available in Mauritius, the general structure of a diving course, and on the biggest diving organizations by checking our Diving Courses page
Price per Person for the Open Water Diver Course 465 Euro
Please note that
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing or respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.