Kitesurf Lesson at Le Morne Beach
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Participant must be able to swim for 15 minutes straight|
Contact Us+230 269 1000 Send Message
Kitesurf Lesson at Le Morne Beach - Overview
Learning new things is more thrilling and fun when done in an idyllic location. Mauritius indeed has a lot to offer, especially when it comes to water sports. For your adventure needs and love of the sea you can learn to Kitesurf on the beautiful beach of Le Morne. This package allows you to learn the basics of kitesurfing by experienced instructors in a place naturally designed to kitesurf.
What makes this the ideal place for kitesurf is waist level shallow water and the perfect wind blowing throughout the year. A professional certified instructor will accompany you to give the instructions and briefing. You can either learn as part of a group or opt for a private lesson if you would prefer to learn faster and get individual attention.
Soon, you'll master your board and carve through the winds.
Highlights of this package:
- Certified instructor to teach you how to kitesurf
- Key location ideal for kitesurfing with perfect wind speed and sea water level
- Private Coaching for a one to one lesson available
- Practice on your own kite
- Discover the beauty of the island through an exciting activity
- Activity ideal for adrenaline junkies
Kitesurf Lesson at Le Morne Beach - Inclusions
- Private individual lesson with the instructor or group lesson (upto 3 participants per instructor)
- Learn to kitesurf at Kite-Lagoon, a waist deep area ideal for beginners
- All equipment for activity are provided: wetsuit, kites, shoes and board
- Safety equipment such as life jacket, helmet and harness for the kites
- Experienced and certified Instructor for coaching and guidance
- Emergency rescue boat at all times
- Lessons available in multiple languages - French, English, German, Mauritian creole, Spanish)
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organise drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Le Morne, South Western Region
|Operating Days:||All Days (depending on weather)|
|Starting Time:||10:00, 13:00, 15:00 (you are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior to start of session)|
|Duration:||Private Lessons - 1.5 hours|
|Group Lessons - 2 hours|
About the KiteSurf Lesson at Le Morne Beach
Kitesurfing is undoubtedly one of the most exciting water sports offered in Mauritius. Let the wind pull you into a smooth glide over the surface of the water with Le Morne mountain as backdrop. This package allows you to learn from the best, in one of the best places for the best kitesurfing experience ever!
You can choose to participate as a group with a maximum number of 3 participants or get a private lesson from the instructor for a faster and more personalised learning process. All gear is provided by the school so suit up and get ready for a thrilling kitesurf lesson.
The private lesson lasts 1.5 hours (15 min briefing + 1h in water + 15min debriefing) and allows you to get all the attention you need from the instructor, ensuring you learn as fast and well as possible as well as improve on any points that are particular to you. The group lessons last 2 hours and would be ideal for a group of friends of family members wanting to experience kitesurfing together.
Your instructors will teach you the basics of how to manoeuvre the equipment and how to check for the wind speed in order to have the best kitesurfing experience - so make sure you listen carefully as they will be giving out tips. The course is offered in different languages (French, English, German, Mauritian creole, Spanish) and the instructors adjust their teaching techniques depending on your level. By the end of the lesson you will be able to ride the waves and jump in the air screaming with happiness!
About the Kitesurfing School
The Kitesurfing School at Le Morne is one of the best across the island for the expertise of the instructors and the incredible spots the learners get to practice in!
Instructors have been coaching kitesurfers of all levels for years, decades even. They are Kitesurfing professionals and are also experienced trainers. For a better learning process, not more than 3 participants are allocated per instructor.
The kite center is insured and there is a jet rescue boat available throughout the lessons. It is also recognised by the Tourism Authority which adds credibility to the lessons. Every student gets his own kite and the gear provided by the school is of the latest Ozone gear Range.
About Le Morne
Widely recognised as one of the very best kitesurfing destinations in the world, the large lagoon at Le Morne is known for its reliable wind and warm, shallow water. The imposing Le Morne Mountain isn’t just a majestic backdrop, it increases the trades by 5-10 knots, delivering reliable wind. The Lagoon is a massive flat-water playground, which makes the whole wind and water conditions so much better to kitesurf. The Kite-Lagoon is one of the best and safest spots to kitesurf in the world, add to that a picturesque surrounding and you got yourself a heaven for kitesurfing!
Sunscreen for more protection
Wet Suit or Shoes for own comfort but not compulsory
Sunglasses (old pair)
Bottle of water
- This activity is subject to weather conditions. Some sessions may be longer in order to compensate for days when the wind and weather conditions are less favourable.
- Maximum number of participants per group: 3
- Participants need to be in good physical health and able to swim for 15 minutes
- A waiver form must be signed before the activity
- All materials are provided including kite, board, wetsuit, shoes, helmet are provided. However you can feel free to bring your own wetsuit and shoes for more comfort.
- Repairs of damage caused to materials while learning is covered by school. Participants are liable to damage caused to materials when they start to kitesurf on their own.
- Children under 12 yrs need to be accompanied by an adult
|Kitesurf Lesson at Le Morne Beach|
|Price for Group lessons (Max 3 Persons)||95 Euros/ Pax|
|Price for Private lessons||115 Euros/ Pax|