Long-Term Car Rental and Car Hire Services in Mauritius
Mauritius Long-Term Car Rental, Hire and Lease
If you are looking for long-term car rental in Mauritius - look no further than Mauritius Attractions. Mauritius Attractions is your one-stop destination for all your car rental and car hiring needs, offering not only a large fleet of vehicles and cars to choose from but also top-notch service.
The quickest and easiest way to travel around Mauritius is definitely by car. Whether you’re an expat on the island looking for long-term car rental in Mauritius or you plan to visit the island for an extended, long period of time (2-months or more) – enjoy a hassle-free car rental procedure and let us take care of everything.
Long-Term Car Rental vs. Short-Term Car Rental in Mauritius
Long-term car rental refers to any car rental period that exceeds 2 months. Accordingly, this option is ideal for people visiting the island for a very long holiday, visitors coming to Mauritius for a long stay for work or pleasure or for those who plan to reside on the island and keen to lease a car rather than purchase one.
Short-term car rental refers to a rental period under 60 days. For more information or to rent a car for short-term in Mauritius, please visit our page.
Benefits of Long-Term Car Rentals and Car Leasing plans:
Your budget, length of stay in Mauritius, preferred car rental period and personal preferences will determine which option suits you best.
In most cases, it is ideal to hire and rent a car in Mauritius, as opposed to buying one. Renting a car in Mauritius will save you money especially if you don’t plan to permanently reside on the island or simply if you’d like to get a feel before committing yourself to such a big purchase. Plus you won’t have to worry about reselling the car or the depreciating value.
- Save drastically – pay less compared to short term rentals
- Quick and Easy - no loan approval needed
- Affordable payment rates – Save on unnecessary fees and interest charges
- Private vehicle for your own personal use
- Instant access - no waiting times and vehicle readily available at your disposal
- Flexible rental periods - can extend the rental duration and use as per your requirements
- Hassle-free -administrative fees & tax, insurance and major repairs covered
- 24 hour support services – round the clock assistance
Included in the Long-Term Car Rental:
- Private vehicle for your own personal use
- All vehicle registration fees and taxes
- Insurance with a reputed company
- Vehicle maintenance, repair and service (excluding damages done due to negligent driving/ use)
- 24-hour towing service and road –side assistance
- Flexible long term rental plans (car rental periods of over 2 months)
- Wide range of vehicles to choose from
List of Vehicles for Long-Term Rental & Hire in Mauritius
Hire, Rent or Lease any type of vehicle or car– from Budget Car to Luxury Car Rental in Mauritius; we have a huge fleet of vehicles to choose from. Whether you need a compact car for easy navigation, a 7-seater to fit the whole family or even a premium sports car to drive in style, you will be able to find the perfect car to hire in Mauritius here:
- Economy and Budget Vehicles
- Compact and Small vehicles
- Hatchback vehicles
- Minivans and 7- seaters
- SUV, Vans and 4x4s
- Sedan and Luxury vehicles
- Convertibles and Sport Cars
FAQ for Long-Term Car Rental & Hire in Mauritius
What is considered as long-term rental?
Long-term rental applies for any vehicle that will be rented, hired or leased for a period of over 2 months. For short- term car rentals in Mauritius, please visit our page.
Is there a deposit amount?
The deposit amount depends on the vehicle that you select- though the deposit amount is usually equal to a one-month rental payment. The deposit can be done by credit card at the time of booking, or in cash upon delivery of the car. This deposit is refundable at the end of the rental period provided the petrol tank is full (the car is delivered with full tank), and no damage has been caused to the vehicle.
What is the procedure and how is payment done?
Once you have chosen your desired vehicle, agreed to all the rental terms (duration, pick up location, service plan etc. ), a long term car leasing agreement will be signed. Then after you would be required to pay the deposit and first month rental amount. The deposit can be done by credit card at the time of booking, or in cash upon delivery of the car. This deposit is refundable at the end of the rental period provided the petrol tank is full (the car is delivered with full tank), and no damage has been caused to the vehicle.
What are the legalities and requirements to drive and lease a car for a long-term in Mauritius?
- The minimum driving age is 21-23 years old
- A valid driving license issued by recognised authorities (from country of origin or locally) or an International Driving Permit, valid for at least a year.
- Mauritius accepts EU and international driving licenses but documents in non-Roman alphabets such as Arabic, Chinese or Cyrillic must be accompanied by an International Driver's Permit.
- Proof of identity – a passport and/or Identity Card and/or Residence Permit
- Proof of address – home address and/or current address locally
- A valid Credit/ Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex) for the full settlement of outstanding rental fees and for the pre authorisation of the excess/deductible/security deposit.
- Mauritius Attractions reserves the right to cancel or reject any car rental bookings should the requirement not be met.
What do I need to know about driving in Mauritius?
The driver must have a valid driving license for at least one year (minimum 21-23 years of age). Mauritius follows the British Driving System, with vehicles driving on the left hand-side and giving priority to vehicles on the right. Find out more about Driving in Mauritius here.
Will I get a car rental leasing agreement?
You will receive all required documentation upon renting, hiring or leasing a car from Mauritius Attractions, including a car rental leasing agreement and insurance documents.