Visit + Mini Lunch At Vallée Des Couleurs
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
Visit And Mini Lunch At Vallée Des Couleurs - Overview
Mauritius has always been famous for its tropical natural beauty and a visit to Vallée des Couleurs while you are on the island imposes itself as a wondrous getaway. Coupled with a mini lunch amidst lush nature and surrounded by its unique 23 colored soil, it promises to offer you relief from the hustle of everyday life and to replenish your inner energy.
This beautiful nature reserve is the ideal sanctuary in Mauritius to offer you a unique experience in the midst of the indigenous fauna and flora alongside various fun activities and excursions for all ages. This package will have you visit one of the main tourist sites of Mauritius and enjoy a mini lunch to end your visit on a delicious note.
Highlights of this activity:
- Ideal sanctuary in Mauritius to offer you a unique experience in the midst of the indigenous fauna and flora
- Various fun activities and excursions for all ages
- Discover different places of interest throughout the visit
- Enjoy the visit to the fern garden
- Admire the stunning panoramic sea view of the Southern coast
- Discover the 23 colored soils, 6 Waterfalls and its breathtaking scenery
- Enjoy a delicious mini lunch
The Visit And Mini Lunch At Vallée Des Couleurs includes:
- Welcome Mocktail
- Visit and view green valleys, plateaus, hills, lakes, waterfalls, clear rivers, craters and crater-lakes
- Privileged visit to the unique 23 Coloured Earth
- Stunning panoramic sea view of the Southern coast
- Spotting of Endemic and Indigenous Flora and fauna
- Access to the many facilities of the reserve such as the Kids Garden,Cafeteria and the restaurant.
- Mini lunch: Sandwich + mini fries + soft drink
- Optional: Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
Chamouny, South Region
|Duration:||The duration of the tour is flexible|
|Operational Days :||This visit is offered every day|
|Activity Time:||09:00 - 17:00|
Visit And Mini Lunch At Vallée Des Couleurs
The visit to Vallée des Couleurs begins with the access to the park’s exhibition room which provides an outline of the different places of interest you will get to discover through your visit. The volcanic treasures safeguarded at the geological museum will keep you in awe. You will similarly enjoy the visit to the fern garden, without which, any visit of Vallée des Couleurs would be incomplete. This is where you get to see the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other native flowers like the Trochetia (Boucle d’oreille / Ear ring) and the Bouquet Banané (achna Mauritiana), which only blooms at the end of every year.
The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert with various endemic trees like the Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and other rare plants also contributing to the beauty of the park.
Vallée Des Couleurs Cascades (waterfalls)
Cascade Vacoas, Cascade Bois de Natte, Cascade Cheveux d’Ange and Cascade Chamouzé are the four wonderful waterfalls where visitors can listen to rustling water;relax in natural intimacy and feel inner peace.
The 23 Coloured Earth
The origin of the 23 Coloured Earth dates back to millions of years after the volcanic eruption of the Bassin Blanc!
During the eruption, the cooling lava solidifies quickly and combines its chemical elements with silica structures into vitreous, small crystals. The chemical composition of basalt, ancient dark igneous rock, changes according to the conditions of the original magma.
When exposed to the surface conditions, the mineral and chemical composition of the molten rock changes progressively. The weathering process that followed produced these different colours of the Earth that we can now observe.
You will have the opportunity to contemplate this fantastic piece of land on its many colours and discover first-hand this unique natural phenomenon.
Sport/ Hiking Shoes
Sun cream & mosquito repellent
|Visit + Mini Lunch At Vallée Des Couleurs|
|Price per Person||28 Euros|