1 Hour of Quad Drive at Vallée Des Couleurs
|Operating Hours||08:00 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Comment||As from 8 years as passenger; 16 years as driver|
1 Hour Of Quad Drive At Vallée Des Couleurs
Enjoy 1 hour of Single or Double Quad Biking adventure at the vast and outstanding ‘Valleé des Couleurs’ nature reserve-home to the unique 23 coloured earth in the South of Mauritius.
This excursion promises to be full of excitement while you will ride through the muddy banks, cool rivers and steep dirt trails in the midst of virgin lush green environment far from crowds.
The quad excursion starts with an initial training on manoeuvring the quad bike so you will be sure to ride with maximum confidence and ease. After a last checking of this four-wheel drive, it takes a few minutes to initiate the quad drive. Then, you will drive in a group led by experienced guides.
As part of the quad biking trip you will definitely enjoy remarkable views of the entire reserve with its many valleys, mountains and waterfalls, tuck away from the hustle of everyday life. With some luck, you would also get to see stags in their natural habitat at the hills besides the quad biking trail.
This is a good opportunity to have a closer look at this unique colours of the earth and to reach the viewpoint at the mountain top where you can enjoy an incredible panoramic view of almost the entire South Coast.
The Quad Bike Adventure Package includes:
- Access to geological museum
- Welcome Cocktail
- Quad bike driving training & Test drive
- 1 hour of quad-biking activity
- Experienced guides by your side during the duration of the trip
- Opportunity to ride the quad in one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Mauritius - home to six natural waterfalls, the 23 coloured earth, endemic flora and fauna as well as an impressive panorama overlooking the sea.
- Viewpoints including 23 coloured earth
- Access to Kids Animal Farm
About Vallée Des Couleurs Nature Reserve
Nature lovers are bound to love Vallée des Couleurs. This vast reserve expanding itself over 450 acres invites for unique experiences in the midst of the indigenous fauna and flora alongside various fun activities and excursions for all ages.
The unspoiled beauty of the land captures every heart and soul especially with the park’s landmark-the remarkable and unique 23 coloured earth that has gain reputation worldwide. Discovered on the 4th of July 1998, the site endowed with pigmented soils fascinates Mauritians as well as foreigners. Visitors are treated with a range of natural unique landscapes, including six wondrous waterfalls, plateaus, mountains, valleys, craters and crater-lakes.
The visit of Vallée des Couleurs begins with the access to the park’s exhibition room which provides an outline of the different places of interest which you will discover through your visit to this nature park. You will equally visit the small museum where you will discover a panoply of various types of volcanic stones, among which you have gemstones.
You will also enjoy a walk through the fern garden, without which any visit at Vallée des Couleurs would be incomplete. This is where you get to see the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other endemic flowers like the Trochetia (Boucle d’oreille / Ear ring) and the Bouquet Banané (achna Mauriciana). The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert with various endemic trees like the Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and other rare plants also contributing to the beauty of the park.
- Region: South
- Level: Easy-Moderate
- Minimum age: 8 years old(Children above the age of 8 can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike)
- Requirements: You have to be 16 years old or more to drive a quad and of height of at least 1m35. An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Vehicle types: Single quad and double Quad
- Quad bikes Brands: Bombardier automatic or Kymko
- Restriction: Pregnant women are not allowed to participate for security reasons
- What to bring: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sun cream, cap and mosquito repellent, spare set of clothes, and camera
- Single Quad: 59 Euro
- Double Quad: 98 Euro (49 Euro / person)