Full Day Sightseeing Adventure Excursion in Rodrigues
|Operating Days||Wednesday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||08:30 - 15:30|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||A minimum of 2 persons are required for this activity and a maximum of 8 are allowed. All participants must be in good physical conditions.|
About the Full Day Sightseeing Adventure Excursion in Rodrigues
This full day excursion is an excellent opportunity for you to discover the beautiful island of Rodrigues and get an authentic glimpse into the local lifestyle while visiting key sites on the island.
To help you uncover the island's indigenous character, a well-informed and experienced guide will take you through the island’s remarkable spots. You will get to visit the Port Mathurin Market (Saturday) or the Craft Market (Wednesday), depending on which day you choose to go for the excursion and also a typical Rodriguan village. A farmer will teach you more about the natives and their laidback lifestyle on the island.
During the course of the day, you will also engage in some adventurous activities such as crossing the Pistachio Valley via a suspension bridge, which will allow you to admire stunning views of the North-Western lagoon, tropical birds and the Pistachio Valley.
You will also halt at specific sites, such as Rivière Coco, for a mountain-biking break, and the mystical Roche Bon Dieu, where you will benefit from spectacular panoramic views, leaving you in awe. Furthermore, after a short hike to the Trou D’Argent beach, you will get to enjoy an authentic Rodriguan meal - a 2-course lunch. This peaceful, secluded spot is an excellent place for you to have a quick refreshing swim and relax, before heading back.
This Full Day Excursion in Rodrigues is a combination of fun activities and enriching experiences, so make sure to make the most of it.
The Full Day Sightseeing Excursion in Rodrigues excursion includes:
- Free transfers - Pickup for 1 to 4 participants & Minivan for 5 to 8 participants
- Visit Port Mathurin village and market (Saturday) or Craft Market (Wednesday)
- Visit a village in the forest
- Visit to a local farm
- Tree Planting
- Crossing a suspended bridge
- Mountain Biking at Rivière Coco
- Visit of Roche Bon Dieu
- Hike at Trou D’Argent
- Lunch on Trou D’Argent Beach
- A bottle of water is provided to each participant at the beginning of the excursion
Lying on the north coast of Rodrigues, Port Mathurin is a beautiful village that serves as the capital as well as the main harbour of the island. Unmissable sights include its lively market and a splendid viewpoint on Mount Fanal, amongst others.
Port Mathurin Market
The main attraction of Port Mathurin is naturally the marketplace or “bazaar”, which features a colourful display of local handicrafts such as basketry, hat making, textile based handicrafts, embroidery, coconut craft, jewellery, souvenir articles, wood carving, straw crafts, in addition to paintings from local artists.
A charming little sandy beach sheltered by two magnificent cliffs perfect for sunbathing and relaxing. If you’re looking for that genuine Robinson Crusoe feeling then you’ll be hard pushed to find anywhere more deserted than the stunning Trou d’Argent beach on the island of Rodrigues.
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 8
What you should bring: backpack, sports shoes, swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, hat, mosquito repellent, camera.
- In the event of inclement weather, the guide may decide to alter the schedule.
- Participants should be in good physical health as this activity includes hiking and riding a mountain bike
- The guides are trained in first aid and a first aid kit is available in the vehicle.
- The exact time of pickup will be communicated on the eve of the excursion but it is usually between 07h30- 08h15.
As part of this tour, we offer you to enjoy a delicious traditional picnic lunch on the Trou d’Argent beach in Rodrigues. Below is some information regarding the lunch menu
Lunch on the beach
- Main course: chicken, fish or vegetarian – please confirm your choice, at latest the day before
- Drinks: Water, a Soft Drink or a Beer per person
Price per participant: 69 Euro