Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour - Helicopter tour
|Operating Hours||06:00 - 18:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
About The Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour
Discover the scenic aerial view of the spectacular waterfalls of the paradise island of Mauritius!
Experience the unparalleled beauty of the Mauritius waterfalls from a 30-minute helicopter tour to make your vacation a memorable one. You will have the chance to witness the mind boggling illusory underwater waterfalls at Le Morne. The underwater waterfall is featured as one of the must-visit attractions of Mauritius, along with other remarkable waterfalls such as the Chamarel waterfalls, 7 waterfalls of Tamarin among others.
Mauritius Flight Routes - Helicopter Sightseeing Tour
Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour (Chamarel, Tamarin, And Underwater Falls)
The Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour is specially designed for nature lovers who wish to experience a wonderful moment discovering the Mauritian waterfalls through a helicopter tour- 30 minutes of stunning aerial views that you will cherish during your vacation.
Summary: 30 minutes flight from the South
(Departs from the helipad at Avalon Golf Estate)
Key sites you will see as part of the flight:
- Chamarel Coloured Earth
- Chamarel Waterfalls
- Black River Gorges National Park
- Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire (Black River Peak)
- Kanaka Crater
- Cascade Kanaka
- Domaine des 7 Vallées
- Tamarin Falls (7 Waterfalls of Tamarin/ Sept Cascades)
- Le Morne Brabant
- Underwater waterfalls
Route Overview: Flight From The South
Fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Sightseeing Tour specially designed for nature lovers who wish to have a wonderful moment of discoveries. The helicopter will take off in the panoramic South of Mauritius where you will have the chance to contemplate the pristine beauty of the region from its coastal fishing villages, along with the magnificent topography including colourful houses, green trees, and winding streets on land.
Your first sightseeing tour will take you to the extraordinary Chamarel Colored Earths which is known for being one of the most famous tourist attractions in Mauritius due to its unusual coloured-earth formation. It was created by volcanic rocks, giving it beautiful patterns and many colours.
Besides, take the chance to enjoy the spectacular view of the Chamarel waterfalls cascading down into the River du Cap. The enchanting waterfalls tumble down by almost 100 meters along a vertical cliff offering simply magnificent sights.
The paradisiacal view does not stop here. You will also fly over the electrifying green, dense forests of Maccabee and Petrin known for their adventurous hiking trails. With some luck you might also spot the fauna of the region.
You will also get to see the highest mountain of Mauritius the Black River Peak with a height of 828m above sea level. It truly a lush green area in itself, which will blow your mind.
As you continue on with your helicopter trip you will discover the Kanaka Crater, where you will be mesmerized by the geological volcanic features. Nearby is the Cascade Kanaka which is a gorgeous waterfall. The next waterfall sightseeing spot is the Tamarin Waterfalls also known as ‘7 Cascades’ offers several breathtaking waterfalls surrounded by indigenous plant species. Also, very famous for its challenging hiking trails, the location offers you absolutely lush green views.
Afterwards, the helicopter head south-west, towards the direction of La Gaulette, a fishing village where you will find pinewoods and mangroves, along with hills and mountains. Then to Le Morne where you can appreciate the most fascinating underwater waterfall, and the strikingly wonderful coral reefs of this part of the island. The underwater waterfall is an illusory waterfall which is formed due to the movement of sand and silt sediments under the influence of powerful underwater currents.
About The Key Sites:
- Chamarel Waterfalls: The most vibrant tourist attractions in Mauritius with its unique and magnificent coloured earth, waterfalls and verdant forests as key features.
- Black River Gorges: The national park is in the South-western part of Mauritius covering about 67.54 km². It consists of luxuriant and dried forests, splendid waterfalls and canyons.
- Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire: The Black River Peak is considered as the highest Mountain in Mauritius offering incredible views at a height 828m.
- Grand Bassin: The Grand Bassin Lake is considered as a sacred place by the Hindu community in Mauritius where Hindu pantheons are venerated.
- Domaine des 7 Vallées: 4000 hectares of pristine wilderness offering a unique eco tourist attraction where you can explore the diverse flora and fauna of the area.
- Cascade Kanaka: Cascade Kanaka is a gorgeous waterfall nearby Mont Perruche and Bois Cheri.
- Tamarin Waterfalls: Known as ‘7 Cascades’ offers several breathtaking waterfalls surrounded by indigenous plant species.
- Le Morne: The UNESCO World Heritage Site has a summit of 556 metres (1,824 ft) above sea level and has become the iconic attraction of Mauritius.
- Underwater Waterfall: This beautiful underwater waterfall is an optical illusion, located near the shores of Le Morne
About The Helicopter- Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour
The five-place helicopter is the safest single engine helicopter in the world. It is a turbine engine powered helicopter. The helicopter is fast, comfortable, reliable and provides an unrivalled view. The fleet comprises a seating with a capacity of 4 passengers plus the pilot. A trained and experienced helicopter pilot, according to global safety standards, will guide you throughout your amazing trip.
Model: 206 Jet Ranger
Lifting Capacity: 500 kg
Crew: 1 Pilot
Passenger Capacity: 4 passengers
Engine: 2 single engines (Bell jet Ranger 206BIII)
Helicopter 30 min flight from South Helipads:
- 2 people: 590 Euro
- 3 people: 690 Euro
- 4 people: 790 Euro
Important Details to Submit
In order to process any helicopter booking, client MUST provide the following details:
- Name of each participant as per the passports and the Gender
- Passport number
- Date of birth of each participant
- Weight of each participant
- In case of any Children or baby, please specify same with the above details