Night Safari in a Native Wildlife Environment (4x4)
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Duration||2 hrs 30 mins|
|Activity Time||17:00 - 19:30|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Children as from 3 years can participate|
This Activity is currently Not Available
Epic Night Safari adventure in a 4 x 4
Wildlife enthusiasts, come experience the wonderful wildlife to spark off your interest in the conservation journey. Embark on an adventure into the mystical night to learn more about animals in the wild at the Frederica Nature Reserve.
This expedition offers you a two-hour-and-a-half 4x4 ride amidst a unique preserved environment, which takes place at twilight. A delightful way to travel deep into the domain to meet some fascinating nocturnal animals.
Do not miss the spectacular sunset as you drive through the forest, a perfect time and place to watch nature’s awakening, enjoy the most beautiful views of the island, and observe animals coming out of their hiding place: stags, wild boars, bats, just to name a few.
Rest assured by the enthusiastic guide who will give you insights about the wildlife. Take the most out of this expedition as you go through in the forest where you can hear amazing night sounds of the animals. You will feel like you are at the African Savanna.
End this impressive trip at a cosy lodge, where fresh drinks and appetizers are shared around a camp fire, in an African-like atmosphere!
Night Safari includes:
- 2h30 minutes of night safari on a 4x4 in wild nature, as from 5 pm to 7.30 pm ( exat trip time may vary depending on the season)
- Get up close and personal with the stunning wildlife featuring: stags, wild boars, bats and many other beautiful bird species in the surroundings. During rutting season, the elaborate displays of dominance is a must see.
- After the trip, refreshment and snacks will be served around a camp fire.
About the Frederica Nature Reserve:
Located in the southern part of Mauritius, between the infinite blue of the Indian Ocean and the emerald green endemic forests of the South lies Frederica Nature Reserve: some 1,300 hectares of pristine vegetation and breath-taking views.
Frederica Nature Reserve invites you to reconnect with nature while exploring the many treasures of the Mauritian biodiversity. You will feel like you are at the African Savannah.
The main objective of the reserve is to preserve and to promote Mauritius ‘unique biodiversity’. The reserve’s team has spearheaded numerous conservation projects to protect its fragile ecosystem.
The creation of Frederica Estate in 1823 was followed by the construction of a sugar factory of the same name in 1855. Although the property of approximately 121 hectares distinguished itself as one of the best in the region, the factory shut down in 1874 due to its remote location.
At a later stage, Frederica Nature Reserve was created. Today, the Frederica’s chimney still stands majestically in the middle of the lush vegetation.
Conservation and Eco-tourism:
The main objective of the reserve is to preserve and to promote Mauritius ‘unique biodiversity’. Working hand in hand with Mauritian Wild life foundation, the reserve’s team has organised numerous conservation projects to protect its fragile ecosystem.
- What to wear: proper protective clothing, helmet, gloves, eye protection and appropriate footwear (preferably boots or closed shoes)
- Safety requirements: We provide safety helmets, goggles, rain coats, water and first aid kit.
- What to bring: Sunglasses, sun cream, towel, swimming suit, spare set of clothes, close shoes or sport shoes, mosquito repellent.
- Maximum number of participants: 10 pax
- Minimum age requirement: 3 years
The night safari is totally safe for children as it is done on a 4x4 vehicle, ideal for families to experience the beauty of Mauritian wildlife. While quad bikes are limited to drivers over 16 and passengers over 12 (for a double quad), children can join the 4x4 safari trip as from the age of 4 years.
- Price per adult: 42 Euro
Dear Customer, to book this activity please contact us on +230 269 1000.