Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin House
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Open on public holidays|
Visit to the Saint Aubin House – discover the story of the Mauritian tea.
The Saint Aubin house was built in 1819. It has been home to several managers of the sugar estate, before being renovated in the 90's in order to preserve a part of the Mauritian heritage. Today one may still see the beams and ship poles used in its original construction.
Visiting the Saint Aubin house is the third stop in taking the Mauritian Tea Route (the first stop is the Domaine des Aubineaux and the second stop is Bois Cheri).
The estate produces sugar cane which is then processed to make sugar as well as delicious rum. The manufacture of which you may see during your visit to the distillery.
You will also discover the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid from the flower to the aromatic pod.
Your visit to Saint Aubin includes
- A guide to lead you around
- Visit of the “Rum” House and Tasting
- Guided tour of the Sugar Factory and Le Moulin du Domaine de Saint Aubin
- Visit of the Vanilla House
- Visit of the Anthurium (flowers) greenhouses
- Visit of the tropical garden and spice garden
The visit to Saint Aubin takes 1-2 hours.
We highly recommend that you will end your tour with a special 5 course typical Mauritian lunch at the highly recommended restaurant of “Le Saint Aubin”.
The meal consists of:
- Starter: Palm heart salad with smoked marlin & Bread basket
- Main Course: Chicken in vanilla with Rice and Chutneys
- Side Dishes: Sautéed vegetables, Lentil soup, Mixed chutneys and pickles, Plain rice
- Dessert:Caramelized banana in toffee sauce
- ½ bottle of water
- Monday to Sunday (including public holidays): 09h00 - 17h00
- Price per Adult: 14 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 5-12): 8 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-4): Free of charge
- Price per lunch per Adult - 5 course meal: 30 Euro
- Price per lunch per Child - 5 course meal: 18 Euro