8 Days Luxury Catamaran Fishing Trip To St.Brandon
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||This trip can be fully customized as per your preferences|
Contact Us+230 269 1000 Send Message
This activity is not available until further notice
8 Days Luxury Catamaran Fishing Trip To St Brandon - Overview
Are you a big fan of fishing and a nature lover? Are you looking for an activity to live like an islander and enjoy some time away from the hustle bustle? Look no further! This is definitely the ideal trip for you!
This special 8 days trip to St. Brandon is all about an extraordinary adventure, discovering a true heaven on earth with various astonishing species and having a lifetime memorable experience.
Highlights of this trip:
- Embark on a magnificent, fully equipped luxury catamaran for 8 days
- Enjoy full board meal plans, mixed Creole and International food prepared by an outstanding cook
- Cruise in the turquoise blue lagoons aboard a catamaran
- Get to know the Ultimate Fishing Experience: 4 ½ days of fishing
- Enjoy snorkeling experience seeing sharks, rays, turtles and many big fish
- Great opportunities to observe turtle nesting
8 Days Luxury Catamaran Fishing Trip To St Brandon - Inclusions
- Return transfer from hotel/airport – boat – to hotel/airport
- Full Board stay consisting of 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Selection of drinks, such as beer, variety of soft drinks & water
- 8 days cruise experience
- Overnight stay in a comfortable en-suite cabins, each with comfortable king size beds
- Four and half days of fishing (weather permitting)
- Fishing licenses, fishing equipment for trolling and bates
- Passenger's insurance
Please note that the following are NOT INCLUDED in the Package
- Permit fees for foreigners (application minimum 35 days before the trip) – 5000 Rs per person
- International flights to Mauritius
- 17ft mono-hulls with 2 x 15 HP 2-Stroke Yamaha engines – available locally for an additional charge (for fishing near the reefs or shallower waters, mono-hulls are ideal)
- Meals and accommodation in Mauritius before and after the cruise
- Spirits, wine, items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides and boat staff
- Personal travel & medical insurance
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any place / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
|Duration:||The duration of this trip is 8 days|
|The Catamaran cruise is operational all days|
|Embarkation/ Disembarkation Point:||Caudan, Port Louis|
|Departure time:||Around 17h30 though the departure time is flexible|
|Return time:||04h00, though the arrival time is flexible and depends on weather conditions|
8 Days Luxury Catamaran Fishing Trip To St Brandon - Itinerary
- 16h00 - Safety briefing by captain and embarkation
- 17h30 - Departure from Caudan and setting sail off to St Brandon - Cargados Carajos shoals , 430 km North East of Mauritius for 36 hours navigation time
- Dinner is served onboard
- Overnight stay
- Sailing continues towards the Cargados Carajos shoals
- Trolling & fishing opportunities during the day
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served on board
- Overnight stay
Day 3, 4 and 5
- 05h30- 06h00 estimated arrive at St Brandon (Day 3)
- Free time to relax and enjoy a relaxing nap after the long sail or decide to get off board, swim or sun tan on the beach
- Spend some time on the Cargados Carajos shoals - an archipelago with sand banks, shoals and islets.
- Spend time fishing leisurely
- Visit some of the islets around,
- Hunt for lobsters and sea urchin for their meal
- Snorkeling and swimming
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served
All activities will be under the supervision and guidance of the crew & skipper.
- 16h00 - Departure from St Brandon in the afternoon
- A whole day of sailing in the open sea
- Fishing opportunities
- 04h00-04h30 - Estimated time of arrival at Mauritius, depending on weather conditions
8 days Luxury Catamaran Fishing trip to St.Brandon
Live the stress free life on a luxury catamaran for 8 days and enjoy fishing at st brandon island. Experience life as an islander with all the luxurious facilities of a modern catamaran. You will be ‘Living The Life’ on a luxury catamaran, gazing at sunsets and waking up to beautiful sunrises, feast on yummy food and drinks and
Fishing Experience at St.Brandon
St. Brandon is a true fishing heaven!
When fishing at St. Brandon you are sure to target various species and to have a once in a lifetime fishing experience.
It is going to be the most spectacular bonefishing experience you will ever encounter! Most tide anglers can expect to see shoals of these shallow water speedsters. Over the past season we have landed Bonefish of up to 87cm fork length and weighing 15lbs.
St Brandon’s is also the most productive Indo-Pacific Permit fishery witnessed. When specifically targeting these gloriously finicky fish, guests can have multiple shots per day.
GT fishing can be quite varied. Some days you can see over 100 fish and at other times none at all. St Brandon’s isn’t a place where you are going to get shots at GT’s everyday but it is certainly the place to break the 100 cm mark.
Bonefish, Indo-Pacific Permit, Giant Trevally, Bluefin Trevally, Golden Trevally & Greenspot Trevally.
Other notable fish species one can encounter on the flats include Golden, Yellow Dot and Green Spot Trevally.
Fishing will be organised from catamaran, on flats and from the shore using Zodiac rubber boats to deliver fishermen to the spots.
About St. Brandon
Saint Brandon’s (Also known as Cargados Carajos Shoals) is a group of over 50 small islands, coral ridges and vast sand flats which is cut by three major passes and extends 50 km from north to south.
Situated 268 nautical miles north-east of Mauritius’s main island, this area is rich in fish stocks, flora and fauna. The magnificent condition of the coral reefs and the lobster infested outer reefs is proof that except the small population of Creole natives who live on Raphael Island in the northern area, there has been very little human interference at St. Brandon since it was first discovered.
For many years foreigners were restricted from visiting St Brandon shores, but thankfully, the red tape has finally been cleared to allow us to offer this unique trip on-board the most luxurious catamaran for both Mauritians and foreigners to discover St Brandon.
Do you still have a doubt in your mind? We hope not! because you can be sure that St Brandon is a real paradise on earth which promises you a lifetime experience second to none!
About the Luxury Catamaran
This is the most luxurious catamaran currently operating in Mauritius and it is usually used by our VIP clients for either day charters or overnight cruises. The unique catamaran Luxury Lagoon 500 catamaran was built by special request in France in 2011, available for freight in Mauritius. The boat is like a top class hotel, offering all the possible facilities and features as well as has 4 luxury cabins.
Cabins are very spacious with a high top design. Catamaran planning/orientation is made in the most convenient way and wholly suited to holidays of the most demanding clients.
The Luxury Catamaran is equipped with all the extras like air-conditioners, water tanks, water cooler, ice maker, TV, DVD with excellent variety of films and music for any taste, 4 comfortable cabins, each set with bathroom, completely equipped kitchen and basically all that you can think of, making sure you have an enjoyable cruise experience and an unforgettable trip to St Brandon.
In order to bring into life almost all fantasies about exotic gastronomy, the catamaran is equipped with top notch equipment such as: 4 burner gas cooker, double-side sink, 4 refrigerators, 2 freezers, oven, microwave oven, bread baker and other kitchen Household appliances. You will get to enjoy the delicious food while sitting by a perfect dining table, placing 8 people together in maximum comfort.
The upper deck is an ideal place for spending the day enjoying the great views all around, for sunbathing and for having good discussions. On the edge of the catamaran you will find a table, minibars and spacious hammocks. Should you want to venture into shallow waters or closer the the reefs, mono-hulls could be arranged at a supplement, to cater for your fishing experience.
All this and many more great facilities are available on-board for guaranteeing top luxurious cruise experience and for your maximum comfort, fun and entertainment.
Luxury Accommodation On-board
When you first enter any of the cabins, you will notice the harmony of space and light. The catamaran interior is decorated by luxurious light wood. Brand porthole,placed all around the perimeter, creates the feeling of lightness. For both ventilation and light, there are 4 huge hatch located on the roof.
For the best comfort and relaxation, there is a king-size L-shape sofa, a lounge area and also a TV area with a LCD television as well as a stereo system for you to watch movies and enjoy your favorite music playing throughout the day.
The catamaran can accommodate a maximum of 8 people, sharing 4 double cabins. All cabins are very spacious with separate toilets and showers. Each cabin is fully air conditioned and equipped with LCD TV, DVD and audio system. Due to the removable partition, beds can be easily modified from one big double bed to two twin beds. All cabins have en-suite shower rooms and toilets. The cabins also have a huge illuminator that enables you to enjoy gorgeous sea views as well as enables the natural light to come inside.
To summarize - Honestly it would be impossible to find in Mauritius any better boat for having this great 8-days cruise adventure!
Technical details and equipment
- Catamaran measurements: Length 16.54m , Width 8.52m
- Engine 2 x 75 HP - engine Capacity 1000 L
- Water Capacity 1000 L
- Air Condition System
- 2 Power Generators (12W/220W)
- 2 Solar Batteries
- 2 Diving compressors
- Watermaker 200L/H and Ice Maker
- 4 Refrigerators
- 2 Freezers
- Navigation Raymarine Satellite Phone
- JVC Sound system (160W) with 4 Outside speakers, 2 Inside speakers
- 5 LCD and DVD systems in the Living room, and in each cabin
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Dishwashing machine
- 4 Double Cabins, each with Air-condition, TV, DVD, Sound system and Shower room
- 6 Diving cylinders
- 10 complete sets of snorkeling equipment
- Safety equipment EPIRB
- ZODIAC - inflatable central console boat with 40 power suspended engine
St Brandon offers the possibilities to practice different types of fishing such as:
- Jigging for kingfish (a lot), babone, tuna, captain fish
- Trolling for marlin, sailfish, dog tooth tuna, yellowfin tuna, and barracuda.
- Popping for kingfish, babone, red grouper and red snapper
- Maximum number of anglers and guests onboard - 8
- Trolling professional equipment
- Professional popping equipment
- Snorkeling equipment
Fishing Season: The best fishing season is all year round.
Weather: Temperatures range between 25°C - 30°C. Wind averages 15knots.
Medical & Health Requirements: Mandatory emergency medical evacuation insurance. A Yellow Fever certificate is required if travelling from a Yellow Fever infected area.
Satellite Phone & Communications: St Brandon islands have no mobile network; however the Catamaran is equipped with a satellite phone available 24/7 which can be used by guests at an additional cost.
Caring for the Environment: We take impeccable care of the ocean by keeping a strict waste policy: nothing is thrown in the water, all our waste returns back to the shore, where it is properly disposed of. Additionally, the boat is cleaned with non-caustic detergents to keep the coral reef alive. The catamaran is also equipped with solar panels, to keep the carbon footprint minimal. The catamaran is specially designed for providing a high standard of comfort and at the same time to be environment friendly.
Alcohol: For safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is prohibited during sailing (Mauritius-St Brandon, St Brandon-Mauritius); otherwise this will be considered the responsibility of the guest. Alcohol such as beers and local wine are available during the cruise. Should you like to bring your own favorite beverages, you can do so and there is no corkage fee.
Bed Linen and Towels Change: The cabins will be cleaned twice a day and the bed linen will be replaced twice a day, towels are also available on-board and will be changed upon request.
We suggest you to bring the following:
- Extra sun block cream for sun protection
- Sea/water footwear
- Spare clothes
- Personal care items
- Other specialized fishing equipment
- Extras: Snacks, drinks etc. (no additional corkage fees)
- This trip can be fully customized as per your preferences
- We recommend spending 1 night in Mauritius for adaptation before the beginning of the trip to St. Brandon on-board the Luxury Catamaran.
- It is required to provide a copy of their passport at least 35 days in advance prior the trip, providing enough time to issue all permits required for the St. Brandon trip
- Since the lagoon of St. Brandon is home to stingrays and cone shells, it is very important to bring with you proper sea/water footwear.
- Pregnant women, people following a specific treatment and children under 10 years old are not allowed to participate in this trip.
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- Clients should bring their sun-screens, personal belongings for overnight stays on board and any other specialized fishing equipment as per their wishes.
- Please note that clients will not be allowed to keep any of the fish caught during the excursion.
|8 Days Luxury Catamaran Fishing Trip To St.Brandon|
|Exclusive-Private 8 days trip to St. Brandon (Bare Boat):||19,500 Euros|
|Supplement per passenger (up to 8 passengers):||1,50 Euros|
This activity is not available until further notice