Diving Packages - Tamarin (West Coast)
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Dives are not restricted to one person. The dives can be shared with friends and family. Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates.|
Diving Packages - Tamarin (West Coast) Overview
Enjoy diving in the Indian Ocean as much as you want with this diving package including a selection of remarkable dive sites offered by Mauritius Attractions. Get ready for an exciting adventure and explore the amazing marine life that lives in the Mauritian lagoon.
The west coast is home to one of the most beautiful seascapes of the indian ocean. You will be diving at popular sites, discovering the marine flora and fauna of the southern hemisphere of the Indian ocean, a colourful underwater world.
Highlights of this activity:
- Discover breathtaking coral reefs and marine life of the Indian Ocean
- Explore the underwater world in a safe and enjoyable way and pleasant conditions
- Encounter with numerous sea creatures and the mesmerising sea life and get a chance to see unique aquatic animals of the region
- A one time experience for diving lovers
- Ideal for groups/families that plan to go diving
Diving Packages - Tamarin (West Coast) inclusions:
- Choose between 2 packages (5 dives or 10 dives)
- Visit the island’s top dive sites
- Quick short boat trip from the diving centre to your preferred diving spots
- Access to Locker/ Safe to keep your belongings
- Beginners can dive in shallow water
- Discover popular North Coast Diving Sites
- All driving equipments are provided
- All the necessary training for scuba diving sessions
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any place /place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organise drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Tamarin Bay, Black River, South West Region
|Activity Time:||08:30 to 16:00|
|Operational days:||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
About Scuba Diving on the West Coast of Mauritius
Scuba divers in Mauritius are spoilt for choice of dive sites. There are numerous dive sites all over the island. Beginners can start at the shallow side of the ocean, whereas experienced divers can head straight for the more adventurous dive sites such as cliffs, caverns, reefs, pinnacles and wrecks.
Each dive becomes a unique experience when looking at colourful fish like the butterfly and soldierfish, large corals, majestic lion fish, giant lobsters, scorpion fish, stone fish, barracudas - and with a bit of luck you might even come across friendly dolphins or turtles.
Some divers say there is nothing like the freedom of movement and weightlessness experienced underwater. Being able to hear nothing but the sound of your own breathing while you observe the splendid sea life around you has been said to change lives forever. This wondrous experience is heightened in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
Unlike the reefs in Seychelles and the Maldives, the coral reefs in Mauritius have not been bleached or affected by the warming of the ocean. The crystal-clear water, the abundance of fish life and colourful reefs provide magnificent backdrops for underwater filming and photography.
Mauritius, almost completely encircled by a barrier coral reef, is home to many sponges, sea anemones and a variety of colourful fish. These wonderful sea creatures and vegetation provide incredible scenery for all divers.
The open sea dive will take place under the direct careful supervision of a PADI Professional, so you can freely enjoy your diving experience, without any worries.
Selection of Popular Diving Sites in Mauritius:
- Cathedral (depth: 17-30m)
- Tug II – Wreck (depth: 17-22m)
- Rempart Serpent (depth: 20-23m)
- St. Jacques (depth: 17-32m)
- Corps de Garde (depth: 28m)
- Couline Bambou (depth: 18-35m)
- Corail Bulles (depth: 19-22m)
- Castle (depth: 15-23m)
Note: Upon request it is also possible to arrange diving trips to other dive sites.
Possibility to choose 2 Diving Packages.
- 5 Dives Package
Individual: 1 dive per day, per person over the course of 5 days
Group: You can also enjoy the dive as a group of 2 persons; e.g 1 person 2 dives and the other 3 dives
- 10 Dives / 15 Dives / 20 Dives Package
Individual: 10 / 15 / 20 dives per day, per person over the course of 10 / 15 / 20 days depending on the number of dives
Group: You can also enjoy the dive as a group of 2 persons or more; e.g for 10 dives a group of 2 persons enjoy 5 dives each.
- Dives are not restricted to one person.
- The dives can be shared with friends and family (ie. 10 dives split between 2 people, 5 sessions each or 10 dives for 10 people, 1 session each, etc)
- Towel and other items that you deem necessary
- Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates.
- Spare clothes
|Diving Packages - Tamarin|
|5 Dives||275 Euros|
|10 Dives||540 Euros|
|15 Dives||795 Euros|
|20 Dives||980 Euros|