Swim With Dolphins + Visit Benitiers Island + Lunch -Promotion!
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||08:00 - 14:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Did you know?Tamarin Bay is home to hundreds of dolphins and whale which you can discover through one of our many Dolphins and Whales’ trips.
Enjoy a Full-day activity of swimming with dolphins in a speed boat, including a visit to the Island of Benitiers and a delicious lunch.
A unique experience of swimming activity with dolphins in their natural surroundings!
This is definitely one of the best things to do in Mauritius.
As part of the trip you will enjoy
- 2.5 hours at the sea, swimming with the dolphins
- Trip to the beautiful island of Benitiers
- Cruising inside the lagoon on speed boat
- Visit the Crystal Rock and have a magnificent view of the le Morne Mountain
- A delicious lunch on the island
- Enjoy some relaxation time - have the leisure to tan on the beach or else walk around the endless beach of the island
- The duration of this excursion is from 08:00 am - 14:00 pm
- Explore the amazing lagoons and coral reefs around the island
This is a unique chance to discover these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
Swimming with dolphins is an incredibly moving experience which will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes and wonderful animals.
You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these powerful marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins.
Unlike many other dolphin facilities that limit a swim with dolphins program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in open sea.
Once you get on board the speed boat, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have.
The briefing will also include such aspects as
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
Then you will be off for two and a half wonderful hours in the open sea....
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
After the 2.5 hours outing with the dolphins, you will be traveling to L’ile aux Benitiers for lunch and spend the afternoon in a magnificent lagoon. You will also visit to the Crystal Rock and have a magnificent view on the Le Morne Mountain.
The wonderful cooks will start preparing the lunch as soon as you will be on the island and within an hour you will be eating a delicious lunch of:
Grilled Kebabs, Seafood and Fish, Chicken, Sausages, Garlic Bread, Salads, Dessert: Banana Flambé, Drinks: Soda,Coca, Sprite, Water, Fruit Juice, Wine and Beer.
After lunch you can enjoy some relaxation time - have the leisure to tan on the beach, walk around the endless beach of the island or explore the amazing lagoons and coral reefs around the island.
- This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity enough time in advance.
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
- This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the dolphins in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the Dolphins sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the dolphins and more time will be spent on the journey there and back.
- This trips departs from the West Coast from the area of Tamarin.
- Upon request we can also arrange your transport from and back to your hotel.
- Note: clients with limited mobility need to specify their weight
- What to bring: Snorkeling equipment, Sun cream, Towels, Swimming suit (already on), Hats, change of clothes
- Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask,snorkel and fins.
- Depending on the conditions, lunch may be served aboard the vessel or on the island
A little information about Dolphins in Mauritius
Dolphins are one of the most fantastic creatures that live in the ocean. The dolphins - cheerful and playful, symbol of intelligence and grace.
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
The Bottlenose Dolphin is one of the most common and well-known dolphins. Bottlenose Dolphins are Grey in color and can be between 2 and 4 meters (6.6 and 13 ft) long, and weigh between 150 and 650 kilograms (330 and 1,400 lb). Bottlenose Dolphins live in groups called pods that typically are of 15 dolphins, but it is also possible to find groups of over 100 or even occasionally over 1000 dolphins. Their diet consists mainly of small fish.
The Spinner Dolphin is dark gray, with darker patches in the tail stock, back and throat. Usually it has creamy-white patch on the belly though this varies considerably. The beak is distinctively long and thin, with a dark tip. The fins too are lengthy for dolphins of this size. Adults have varied in size from 129 cm to 235 cm and weight from 23 kg to 78 kg. The gestation period is 10 months. Individuals reach maturity at 4-7 years (females) and 7-10 years (males). Longevity is unknown. Spinners congregate in groups that vary from just a few dolphins to great schools numbering in the thousands.
- Price per adult: 62 Euro
- Price per child (ages 5-12):58 Euro
- Price per baby/children (ages 0-4):Free of Charge
Important Details to Submit
In order to process your booking, client MUST provide the following details at the comment box during the order process:
- Name of each participant as per the passports
I liked swim with dolphins + Christal Rock and very friendly activity operator staff, but it did not exceed my expectations.
Very positive experience, thank you!