Diving Sessions In The Northern Coast Of Mauritius - Pereybere
|Operating Hours||08:00 - 16:30|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates|
Diving In The Northern Coast Of Mauritius
Mauritius, the gem of the South Indian Ocean invites you for an extraordinary scuba diving experience in one of the safest regions where you can enjoy warm sea temperatures, clear visibility and a vibrant ecosystem all year round!
There is nothing as adventurous and exciting than exploring the deep waters of the colourful South Indian Ocean during your vacation in Mauritius. This tropical island is a year-round diving destination, though the summer months (November to March) are optimum as the warmer waters attract a wider variety of marine life.
You will definitely have amazing encounters varying from sea sponges and clown fish hiding among the anemones to moray eels, angelfish, reef sharks, gorgeous coral reefs and not to forget some haunting shipwrecks dating back to the 18th and 19th century.
The best diving spots in Mauritius are along the northern coast where there is a mix of shallow dives such as the breeding ground of Pereybere Aquarium and ray-filled Confetti Bay. More challenging dives and outings include the wreck of the Japanese trawler Stella Maru and dramatic sites like Peter Holt’s Rock. These dives are full of caves, tunnels and crevices which shelter a broad variety of porcupine fish, giant moray eels and titan triggerfish.
The visibility underwater is usually about twenty to twenty-five meters, although in favourable weather conditions this can become as much as forty meters. The temperature of the water ranges from about 20°C to 30°C, depending on the time of year. It is important to know that during the summer seasons you can expect cyclones clouding the water and making the currents unpredictable. However, over the past years their frequency has drastically decreased.
When diving off the coast of Mauritius, it is almost guaranteed that you will see sharks, dolphins, tuna fish, rays, eels, turtles, lobsters, lion-fish, parrot-fish, crabs, sergeant-major fish and box-fish, just to name a few. The crystal clear water, the abundance of fish life and colorful reefs provide magnificent backdrops for underwater filming and photography opportunities.
Popular North Coast Diving Sites
When it comes to choosing the appropriate diving spots in Mauritius, scuba divers are definitely spoilt by the eclectic range of places. There are numerous dive sites strewn all over the island. Beginners can start at the shallow side of the ocean, whereas experienced divers can head straight for the more adventurous dive sites such as cliffs, caverns, reefs, pinnacles and wrecks.
We offer diving trips to the following popular north coast diving sites:
- Aquarium (depth:10-18m)
- Temple (depth: 9-15m)
- Stephen Cliff (depth: 8-12m)
- Coral garden (depth: 10-21m)
- Poison Reef (depth: 7-12m)
- Whale Rock (depth: 18-38m)
- Lost Anchor (depth: 19-31m)
- Stenopus Reef (depth: 18-31m)
- Stella Maru (depth: 14-25m)
- Emily and Water Lily (depth: 14-25m)
- Silver Star (depth: 26-41m)
- Flat Island (depth: 8-15m)
- Confetti Bay (depth: 10-22m)
- Iabeddah Wreck (depth: 16-32m)
- The Tube (depth: 7-11m)
- Black Forest (depth: 35-50m)
About The Scuba Diving Session - Pereybere (north Coast)
Dive leisurely and be ready to explore the wonders of the South Indian Ocean. The highly trained SSI, PADI and CMAS instructors are always here to guide you throughout your diving experience. With years of experience in the diving field, you can trust their expertise.
You will first get a detailed briefing from a qualified scuba instructor prior to the pool session that includes an overview of the scuba equipment, the pool session and the sea dive. The pool session will focus on breathing underwater and go through some basic scuba diving skills in preparation for the sea dive, such as learning to move around underwater with gear and learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
The sea dive will last for about 45 to 60 minutes, during which you will explore the underwater world of Mauritius with a qualified diving instructor.
All scuba diving equipment that you will most likely use will be provided; including a wetsuit, a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. There are also safe lockers where you can keep your belongings.
- 6 Dive Pack with equipment rental
- 10 Dive Pack with equipment rental
- 30 Dive Family Pack with equipment rental
Additional Information About The Diving Center At Pereybere
Situated on the Northern Coast of Mauritius, the eco friendly diving center offers amazing diving experiences around the five incredible islets which are considered great diving spots with depths and topographies for all levels. Diving sites include; square profiles, multilevel dives, caves, wreck explorations, cliffs, coral gardens, shark dives, drift dives and safari dives.
Additionally, the centre provides a personalised touch and individualised services. The full-time and highly trained SSI, PADI and CMAS instructors provide diving courses and programs designed to suit your needs. The diving centre is equipped with: a dive shop, booking reception and an external air and Nitrox compressor room. There are safe lockers to store your belongings.
The diving centre is pleased to allow beginners and experienced divers to choose their own training path through several international Scuba Diving organizations such as: PADI, SSI, SDI and TDI.
MARES diving equipment (Regulators, Gauges, Buoyancy Control Devices, Fins and Masks) purchased in 2017 and well maintained
LUXFER Aluminum Cylinders
DIVERS ALERT NETWORK Emergency Oxygen and First Aid on board
Dive Centre consisting of:
- Wet Area
- Equipment Room
- Compressor Room
- Training Pool
- Class Room
- Outside hang out area
- Full time, highly trained PADI and SSI instructor's
- Divers Alert Network emergency oxygen and first aid on board.
Meeting Point: Pereybere, North Mauritius
- A medical certificate stating no indication against diving must be provided on arrival
- Customer must hold a valid Scuba Diving Certification (PADI, SSI, CMAS etc)
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.
Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance and is subject to availability.
What to bring: Sunscreen, towel, and other items that you deem necessary.
- 6 Dive Pack must be completed within 60 days from purchase date
- 10 Dive Pack and 30 Dive Family Pack must be completed within 90 days from purchase date
- 30 Dive Family Pack is valid for families only
- Dives are still carried out under rain unless safety is compromised
- For minors under 18 years of age, the consent forms and liability release forms must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates.
- All divers will be required to fill in a medical and liability form.
- The diving packages are not limited to one person, ie; more than one person can go on diving and use these packages. Bigger packages are ideal for groups/families that plan to go diving.
- These dives packages are only valid at the diving center in Grand Bay.
- 6 Dive Pack with equipment rental: €228 (€38 / dive)
- 10 Dive Pack with equipment rental: €360 (€36 / dive)
- 30 Dive Family Pack with equipment rental: €1020 (€34 / dive)
Customers who bought this activity also purchased