Explore Rodrigues- Kayak Trip + Hiking on the East Coast + Lunch
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 15:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Min No. of Participants: 2 | Max No. of Participants: 12|
Contact Us+230 269 1000 Send Message
Rodrigues Adventure & Kayak Trip - Overview
Experience an island getaway at Trou d'Argent Beach, brought to you by Mauritius Attractions. But first, you’ll paddle through the clear waters, hike your way through the eastern region of the island and go on a marine discovery at Anse Bouteille.
Ultimately, the adventurous journey will take you to the beach of Trou d’Argent, comparable to a fragment of heaven. To replenish your energy, you’ll be served a delicious lunch on the beach of Roche Noire, featuring the appetising Rodriguan cuisine. To end the day as amazing as it started, you’ll spend some leisure time by the sea before heading back on your kayak.
Highlights of this Activity:
- Enjoy an exciting kayak trip in the eastern Rodriguan lagoon
- Go on a thrilling hiking adventure in the East of the island
- Stop for an enthralling snorkelling break at Anse Bouteille
- Continue hiking to Trou d'Argent, passing by the deserted coves at Grand Anse
- Return to the picture-postcard beach of Roche Noire for lunch
- Have a delish pescatorian lunch, served with crudités and cooling drinks
- Unwind on the beach, go for a walk or swim in the scintillating lagoon
- End the day with a kayak return trip (depending on tides)
Hiking, Kayaking & So much more included in this amazing Day Package:
- Kayak trip in the eastern lagoon
- Hike in the east of the island
- Snorkelling break at Anse Bouteille
- Guided hike to the beach of Trou d'Argent
- Pass by Grand Anse and its deserted coves
- Return to Roche Noire Beach for lunch (see menu in F&B section)
- Free time to relax on the beach
- Return by kayak (depending on the tides)
Note: Snorkelling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are advised to bring their own mask, snorkel and fins.
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Rodrigues island.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French. The drivers, citizens of Rodrigues, will be happy to provide you with information about Rodrigues and each of its sights.
There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
East Region, Rodrigues
|Operational Days:||Everyday (upon availability)|
|Activity time:||09h00 - 15h00|
Exciting Adventure awaits in Rodrigues Island
Start your exciting adventure in Rodrigues with a fun kayak session in the beautiful Eastern lagoon. Paddle away and bask in pure serenity as you enjoy some quiet time at sea.
Next, get the adrenaline pumping with a nice hiking trip, which will lead you to a popular trail of the Eastern part of the island. You’ll be accompanied by an enthusiastic guide at all times, which ensures the journey remains a fun one! This is also a great chance for you to learn interesting facts on Rodrigues and its fauna & flora
A little further down, you’ll come across a beautiful, secluded cove- deserted even. Cool off in the waters at Anse Bouteille and seize the opportunity to plunge into the surreal underwater world, where an array of tropical fish and rainbow-coloured corals await.
Rodrigues has a multitude of coves and beaches, each more beautiful than the other. And one of them is Trou d’Argent- a magnificent cove with majestic cliffs and filaos. Continue your hike to this gem of a beach, passing by Grand Anse and discovering the other lovely isolated coves with out-of-this-world beauty- a delightful sight to behold.
By then, you’ll start feeling hungry, right in time for lunch. Return to Roche Noire Beach and settle down for one of the loveliest meals ever, in front of the ocean. A scrumptious lunch will be prepared for you, with an assortment of fish, octopus and crudités as well as some refreshing beverages to accompany your meal.
After lunch, you’ll have ample time to wallow on the beach, soak in the salty scent, feel the seabreeze and admire the ocean just doing its thing. Once you’ve contemplated the beauty of the surroundings to your heart’s content, it’s gonna be time to head back.
End your action-packed day with a peaceful kayak ride if the sea conditions permit. On the way back, view the unspoilt seascape one last time and click as many pictures as you can to freeze those precious moments in time.
Trou D’Argent Beach
Trou D’Argent is a reputed beach located in the eastern part of Rodrigues. It is accessible only by foot and ideally visiting it forms part of a trekking excursion. Offering clear waters, soft white sand, and an attractive rocky coastline, the beach represents a nice place for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkelling.
Considered as one of the loveliest cove beaches in the Indian Ocean, this isolated spot, enclosed by low cliffs, is accessible only on foot on the coastal trail between St François and Graviers. Local legend has it that a pirate once hid his treasure here.
Your Lunch Menu as part of the Rodrigues Adventure Trip:
- Age Restrictions: None
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Hike Difficulty Level: Easy
- You are advised to arrive 15 minutes before your activity time.
- Snorkelling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are advised to bring their own mask, snorkel and fins.
- This activity is subject to availability and weather conditions.
- Reservation is required 48 hours in advance by phone.
|Explore Rodrigues - Kayak Trip + Hiking on the East Coast + Lunch|
|Price per Participant||55 Euros|