Ile aux Cerfs - Treetops Adventure
|Operating Hours||10:00 - 15:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday|
|Duration||1 hrs 30 mins|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Ile aux Cerfs Treetops Adventure
Come and enjoy this unique adventure in the treetops on the paradise Ile aux Cerfs Island
It is a Treetop Adventure offering an excellent mix of activities to surprise the participant and making it an excellent alternative to a day on the beach. With its length of 594 meters, and heights ranging from 1 to 9 m, the different views of the East coast lagoon is even more surprising when seen from the treetops.
The Ile aux Cerfs Treetops Experience
While Ile Aux Cerfs is famous for its sandy beaches, Mauritius Attractions has the extreme pleasure to offer its clients a new fun activity to enjoy their time on this amazing island with the Treetops Adventure.
It is a special adventure along footbridges and through the treetops. It consists of zip lines, also known as ‘Tyrolienne’, nets hanging in the trees, hanging-liners and other interesting obstacles to cross bridges while being attached to lifelines making this trip much more fun than a classic trip to Ile aux Cerfs.
The circuit offers the chance to the participants to visit the island on top of the trees.
This activity is ideal for families and it is recommended for everyone from the age of 4. No previous experience in zip lines is required.
The circuit has specially been designed to meet each one’s preferences; from the easiest to the more challenging obstacles. Everyone will have the opportunity to have a wonderful experience according to their level.
The most amazing part will be when you will ride along the longest ‘Tyrolienne’ which is about 30m long, taking you back to the starting point; where it will be the end of your adventure.
On the Island, there are two tracks that are suitable to all levels.
The Treetops Tracks
We do offer two treetops tracks, each in different difficulty level. One track was created especially for children while the other track is more challenging and caters only for adults.
Children Treetop Adventure (ages 4 to 11 years)
The “Adventure in the Trees”, is an ‘easy’ level track, ideal for children ages 4 to 11 years. The track covers an area of 594 meters long and between one and nine meters high. The activity consists of 14 stations and when moving from one station to another, the difficulty level raises.
As part of the track, you will have to cross more than a dozen obstacles such as the passage of the tree trunk; the equilibrium path, the giant steps, the snake line course among others, and you will also get to ride the zip line.
Adults Treetop Circuit
The Adult Treetop Circuit proposed to the adults is more challenging than the children’s track. The circuit consists of 37 stations, with an increase in the difficulty level when moving from one station to another. As the challenge increases, each participant will have to be more dynamic, requiring more concentration and effort in order to clear each level.
The circuit consists of several obstacles, some more challenging than others as it has several workshops such as crossing bridge, the bridge skate , the bascule bridge, snake's belly, crossing the strings, the tightrope walker , moving the net , crossing the suspended flying trapeze, climbing net and Zip lines. The length of the path depends on the physical abilities of the participants but on average it takes between one hour to one hour and half to complete the course.
No matter which of the tracks you will chose, each adventure begins with a brief description of how one should proceed and also, there is familiarization with the equipments provided. You will be in the safe hands as the instructors are competent and very well qualified, guiding you till the last station. They shall provide you with continuous assistance and helpful instructions to finish each challenge.
About Île aux Cerfs Island
Located on the East coast of Mauritius, Île aux Cerfs is a small paradise island with preserved white, sandy beaches.
Île aux Cerfs offers Eden perfumes and beautiful, extraordinary, panoramic views which will take your breath away.
Highly-prized by both Mauritians and tourists, Île aux Cerfs has one developed an area concentrated around the jetty. All you have to do is walk for a few minutes from there you will find some of the worlds beautiful beaches and as such it is one of the must place to visit and see in Mauritius. ‘Filaos’, gently blown about by the trade winds, provide some shade on the white, sandy beaches.
Ile Aux Cerfs is famous for its sandy beaches, beautiful lagoon and big selection of activities and facilities. On Ile Aux Cerfs you are sure to have a day of relaxation and fun on one of the picture-postcard beaches, and to enjoy a swim and snorkeling in the lagoon.
Duration of Activity
The Treetops Adventure requires a boat transfer to Ile aux Cerfs Island, preparations and a safety briefing before starting the circuit.
The duration of the circuit is as follows:
- Children circuit: 30 minutes
- Adults’ circuit: 1.5 hours
Note: The total time taken to finish each circuit will depend on the level of the participant, where some can finish earlier and some participants can take little breaks in between.
Additional information on the Treetop Adventure
About the safety and the spirit of the trip – The treetop adventure will be under the supervision of experienced and professional guides, who all along will be sharing their knowledge and guide you throughout the circuit. Each trip is carried out with a total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of the preservation of Ile aux Cerfs island.
Site Security: The security aspect is an integral part of this course. For participants who wish to evolve independently in the trees, this activity is carried out under the supervision of five qualified and well trained monitors, ready to assist anyone having difficulty on the course.
All participants are equipped with safety harnesses and a lifeline which will accompany you throughout the circuit. Both the little ones and the adults can roam from tree to tree, and path to path, attached to a secured lifeline and safety equipment.
The strength and reliability equipment and structures are tested daily before giving permission to operate the activity. Another safety feature on each workshop is indication panels. All this guarantee maximum safety to visitors.
- The Adventure Treetops is offered every day except on Saturday
- The operating hours are between 10:00 am and 3.00 pm with the last batch departing at 2.00pm.
- Flexible circuit All the activities are optional; the participants can always choose which obstacle and challenge they want to do and not to do. For people accompanying the participants and who do not wish to participate, it is possible to follow the group through walking paths.
- Previous experience is not needed to cope with the challenges on the course, only balance, coordination and the willingness for some excitement and adventure.
- Safety equipment provided: Helmet, holder hooks, harnesses, ropes and carabineers. This equipment is used to link participants to the lifeline. The lifeline is a cable that runs along each path and ensures your safety in case of fall.
- The children circuit is offered for children between 4 – 11 years old (height should be below 1m40) - minors must be accompanied by an adult to sign their disclaimer
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women.
- All participants must be physically and mentally capable to perform this particular activity as high concentration is needed.
- Important: The Ile aux Cerfs Treetops Adventure is done at the Ile Aux Cerfs Island and in order to get access to the Island a boat transfer to the Island and back is required. Accordingly, for an additional cost of 12 Euro, we can also arrange for you the boat transfer to the Island.
We do highly recommend enjoying the Ile aux Cerfs Treetops Adventure as part of the Ile aux Cerfs Tour Packages, making sure you have a great full day package together with the boat transfers and lunch:
- Price per adult: 22 Euro
- Price per child (ages 4-11): 15 Euro
- Round-trip boat transfer to the Ile Aux Cerfs Island (only required when not booking any of the Ile aux Cerfs Tour packages): 12 Euro / person