Gastronomic 3-Course Dinner at Heritage le Château
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||19:00 - 22:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Drinks not included|
Gastronomic Dinner Package at Heritage Le Château
Embark on a wonderful journey through time at Heritage Le Château, an enchanting, former sugar plantation-style house built in the 19th century.
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy a gastronomic 3-course dinner featuring a wide-ranging selection of gourmet delights, from a menu specially conceived by the Michelin-starred chef, David Toutain.
About Heritage Le Château Restaurant:
The ground floor reveals the Chefs dining room where gastronomic meals are served. The tableware from Maison Christofle is an artistic table icon- a true castle life. This room, separated by a carved folding screen, opens to the living room. When you go in, your glance inevitably falls on the ceiling ornamented by magnificent rosettes and crystal chandeliers.
The décor, service, and personnel are as sophisticated as the flavours presented on the plate. The dinner menu reinvents classic Mauritian dishes that are delightfully highlighted by local components such as jackfruit, hibiscus flowers, papaya chutney and more.
As for the art of table-setting, six tables are set up in the first sitting area and the Chef’s dining room welcoming up to twelve seats for an authentic Mauritian meal along with a selection of exclusive wines sourced from the world's top vineyards. Let the Maitre d’O welcome you on the veranda and extend your evening in the lounge and piano-bar.
The Gastronomic 3-Course Dinner Menu:
Selection of Starters
- Tomato gazpacho, red fruits and papaya chutney sherbet (Vegetarian) - Chef’s signature dish
- Octopus with Chamarel combava, tomato confit and extra virgin olive oil
- Lobster cappuccino salted butter, Rodrigues honey and black sesame shortbread
- Confit chicken “Pei” with herbs, heart of palm and spicy pork sausage
- Dressed crab, mesclun, lemon confit and extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh corn risotto, cumin caramel and coconut chips (Vegetarian) - Chef’s signature dish
- Ombrine escabeche fennel texture with steeped lemons - Chef’s signature dish
- Smoked duck magret, mendicant biscotti and pineapple ginger marmalade (Contains nuts)
- Lacquered camaron tails, passion fruit, fresh mint and citrus gazpacho
- Rougaille sherbet, marinated prawns and crispy rice - Chef’s signature dish
Selection of Mains
- Plancha “Gueule Pavé” fillet, gnocchi with herbs and rocket & parmesan shaving
- Squid, ink lemongrass sauce and jackfruit - Chef’s signature dish
- Red snapper fillet, asparagus, lime sabayon, crab & citrus condiment - Chef’s signature dish
- Stir Capitaine fillet, butternut purée and slow cooked zucchini - Chef’s signature dish
- “Sacréchien” fish fillet, ginger, sweet potato and coconut milk
- Cassava, bread fruit and vegetables purée (Vegetarian) – Chef’s signature dish
- Butternut ravioli and taro chips (Vegetarian) – Chef’s signature dish
From the Land
- Wild boar cassoulet flambéed with old rum, dates, coriander & mint
- Venison with hibiscus flowers, beetroots variations and wild berries – Chef’s signature dish
- Lamb rack, tomato confit, curry leaf crumbs and flavoured jus
- Veal ribs roasted with sage, taro spaetzle and sweet garlic jus
- Grand Classic, beef fillet “Chateaubriand”, onion and carrot
- Lobster & duck magret, lychee jus and root vegetable chips
Selection of Desserts
- Red fruit, strawberry soup, celery sherbet and Arlette
- Apple ‘Tart tartin’, banana, papaya and Tonka vanilla ice cream – Chef’s signature dish
- Hazelnut & pecan shortbread, salted caramel crémeux and chocolate brittle (Contains nuts)
- Mauritian style peanut Florentine, hibiscus sherbet and red tea
- Bergamot crème brûlée, green saffron, ginger, cassava samosas, lime and tamarind
- Chocolate mousse, cocoa sherbet and “muscovado” ice cream – Chef’s signature dish
- Crunchy chocolate pallet, praline & passion fruit sherbet (Contains nuts)
- Rum baba and rice milk ice cream
About Heritage Le Château:
The enchanting château stands imperially in its distinguished grandeur, amid French formal gardens, embarking travellers on a magical journey through time. The Château has been masterfully reimagined to faithfully restore it to its former Anglo-Indian glory and personifies an eclectic revival of timeless ideals.
The Anglo-Indian colonial style mansion dates back to the 19th century when it presided over one of the oldest sugar plantation estates in south Mauritius. The château is now bordered by hills and a national park.
A treasure in Bel Ombre, the colonial one-storey house has French windows which characterises the period. It is a compulsory stop over while you are sightseeing in the South of the island.The building was built on 2500 hectares, composed of a vast natural reserve and sugarcane fields. It welcomes French gardens, where elegantly designed flower beds witness the tidy chaos of the growing plants. The stone central lane, adorned with fountains, recreate the grandiose atmosphere of the past.
The colonial residence, with its unique charm, is surrounded by a vast veranda where you can sit and admire the panorama of this part of the island.
- Note: Drinks are not included and are payable at the restaurant.
- Age restriction: Kids under 12 years old are not allowed.
- Dinner Time: 19h00 - 22h00
- Price per person: 79 Euro