Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 14:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 13:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Contact Us+230 269 1000 Send Message
Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre - Overview
Complete your holiday by getting introduced to the beautiful Ile D'ambre Island with its varied vegetation. Experience this unique hiking trip in an exciting way; traveling first by sea and then discovering the beautiful Island of Ambre by foot. Throughout this hiking trip you are sure to enjoy amazing landscapes which will come across your way; just don't forget your camera – the views are breathtaking!
Highlights of this trip:
- Enjoy a hiking trip on the islet of Ile d’Ambre, off the north coast of Mauritius
- Learn more about the marine ecosystem, fauna and flora of the island
- Enjoy a small boat transfer on a traditional Mauritian pirogue
- Enrich your trip while going through the exotic and newly grown endemic plants
- Discover the historic ruins located on the island dating back to 1750
- Unveil the secrets of the island through its beautiful lagoon, surrounding islands and history of some sights
Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre - Inclusions:
- Boat Transfer on a traditional Mauritian pirogue to Ile d’Ambre
- 3-4 hour Hiking Trip
- Professional Guides all along
- Short briefing and safety measures
- Discover ruins, volcanic rock formations & marine ponds
- Hiking Equipment
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any place / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
North East Region
|Duration:||The duration of this trip is 3-4 hours|
|The hiking trip is operational all days|
- Meeting & welcoming at 09:00
- Boat Transfer to Ile D'Ambre island
- A 4km hiking trip on the island and its tropical forest
- Snacks, water & juice break
- End of excursion at around 12:30
Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre
The Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre starts at 09:00 Am where you will be welcomed by a friendly and professional guide who will provide you with a short briefing and safety measures for a memorable hiking day! Then, you will have a short boat transfer in a traditional Mauritian pirogue heading for Ile D'Ambre Island situated just inside the lagoon at the north east of Mauritius.
As part of this enriching trip, you will pass through the exotic and newly planted endemic trees, taking your route to a network of trails covering this 140 hectare island. Be ready to discover some of the historic ruins found on the island dating back to 1750, and explore its conservation areas.
You will also be able to see the volcanic formations and marine ponds, while learning more about the island’s history from the professional guide who will accompany you during the entire day.
This is an original, ecological and fun excursion which will let you unveil the secrets of Mauritius’ beautiful lagoons, islands, channels, and hidden beaches. Therefore, do not miss to capture superb photos; which you can cherish for a lifetime!
As part of this nature journey, you shall also be provided with small snacks, mineral water & juice.
Each trip is carried out with total respect towards nature, its preservation, and our topmost priority is the safety of our clients. This hiking trip at Ile D'ambre will enrich your knowledge as you will get to learn more about the fauna and flora and what’s being done towards its preservation, making this a unique and enriching experience.
Private or Exclusivity VIP option
The Activity can be done on both exclusivity as well as sharing basis; it's up to you to choose.
Get the ultimate VIP experience you deserve with personalised service, upscale treatment and maximum privacy. Call us on +230 269 1000 to Book this activity on a private-exclusive basis.
It is recommended to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Spare set of clothes
Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre - Food & Beverages
During this Trip you will be provided with the following
- Region: Mauritius North
- Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
- Minimum age requirement: 8 years and above
- Minimum no. of participants: 2
- You need to be completely fit to be able to do this activity
|Hiking Trip at Ile D'Ambre|
|Price per Participant:||45 Euros|