Underwater Sea Walk
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 14:30|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Underwater Sea Walk Excursion
The Underwater Sea Walk is one of the most unique attractions that one must experience when visiting Mauritius. It is a true once in a life time experience for all the non divers out there!
Experience the ultimate sensation where time stops, worries fade away and breathing underwater becomes possible, safe and easy...
Enjoy a safe and fascinating underwater walk on the ocean bed (about 3-4m depth), and witness firsthand the magnificent marine life of Mauritius, the beautiful fauna, corals, and a wide variety of fish, all in their natural habitat. Qualified experienced guides will accompany you along the course of the Underwater Sea Walk guaranteeing your maximum safety.
This is a wonderful experience and a great opportunity to discover the underwater world from within, and make your fantasies come true.
The Underwater Sea Walk does not require any knowledge of swimming or diving and you are not even required to remove your glasses.
The excursion begins with a motorboat transfer from the center of Grand Baie to a platform situated inside the lagoon at the North of Mauritius. Upon arrival to the platform you will receive a pre departure briefing on the gear, the local marine life, on safety procedures and on the underwater walking trail.
Then, with the help of the guide you will go off board the platform to start your underwater walk adventure.
What to expect?
Going for the underwater Sea Walk is like going for an underwater tour inside the reef, walking between corals, seeing variety of fish, and discovering the rich sea life underwater in the crystal clear blue water of the lagoon.
How does it work? A helmet with a transparent visor is placed on your head. A special apparatus allows normal breathing under the water. Life Guards assist in taking you underwater and accompany you throughout the walk to guarantee your maximum safety. Once there you will experience the undersea world from close and will enjoy walking on the ocean floor which feels like walking on the moon.
So come and enjoy the feel the intense pleasure of a sub-marine stroll...
- Total time of the excursion is approx. one hour (walk itself takes about 15 minutes)
- The underwater walk is suitable for all people aged from 10 years old
- Wetsuits and soft underwater shoes are available and provided free of charge
- Glasses or contact lenses may be worn during this excursions (you will not get your head wet)
- Also possible to organize this excursion for groups of up to 16 participants
- Participants do not need to know how to swim
- The operating hours of the sea walk are between 9:00 and 14:30
- What to bring: swimming costume and a towel
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women
- Non - Diving participants can join onboard the underwater sea walk diving platform and accompany their diving partners for a charge of 15 Euro/person
- DVD of your entire underwater sea walk experience are available for 50 Euro
Private Underwater Sea Walk (Optional)
Enjoy a private and fascinating underwater walk on the ocean bed (about 3-4m depth), and witness firsthand the magnificent marine life of Mauritius, the beautiful fauna, corals, and a wide variety of fish, all in their natural habitat in Exclusivity!
As part of the Exclusive-Private Underwater sea walk, you will benefit from various facilities such as:
- Private Speed boat transfer to the underwater sea walk platform
- Exclusive Underwater Sea Walk Adventure discovering the rich marine life underwater in the crystal clear blue water of the lagoon
- Personal Guidance both on land and underwater
- DVD with photos and videos of your underwater sea walk adventure
Maximum number of participants: 4 participants
Shared basis Underwater Sea Walk Adventure
- Price per Participant:37 Euro
- Price per Non-Diving Participant:15 Euro
- Price for DVD: 50 Euro
Exclusive Underwater Sea Walk Adventure
- Price for the Exclusive Underwater Sea Walk experience, including DVD (up to 4 pax): 280 EUR
Customers who bought this activity also purchased