Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Weekdays Only|
|Transportation||Included in price|
About the Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour
Discover a selection of authentic wine and rum through this enriching tour, ideal for connoisseurs and enthusiastic amateurs alike.
As part of the Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour you will enjoy a visit to the following:
- Takamaka Boutique Winery
- Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Rhumerie de Saint Aubin
- An optional Lunch at either La Rhumerie de Chamarel or Saint Aubin
The full day Wine & Rum Tour includes:
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- Full transportation to all the sights
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
- All along, you will travel in maximum convenience in an air-conditioned family car / minivan (for bigger groups), with an experienced driver/guide to show you around.
The tour will start off with a visit to the Takamaka Winery, where you will get to discover local lychee wine production.
Next, you will visit the Rhumerie de Chamarel, a distillery producing a range of agricultural rums from pure sugarcane juice. The tour will end at the Rhumerie de Saint Aubin with a visit of the distillery as well as a tasting session of all the exotic flavoured rums it has on offer.
You also have the option of enjoying a delicious lunch menu at either the L’Alchimiste restaurant, Rhumerie Chamarel or at the Saint Aubin Restaurant.
Additional Info- Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour
Takamaka Boutique Winery
After a warm welcome by a dedicated team or by the oenologist himself, you will be guided through the winery and get to know almost everything about the Lychee Wine making process. More than just a wine tasting, enjoy a unique experience in a cosy handcrafted winery.
During this enriching visit, you will get to view a documentary and discover the history and the various stages of the winemaking process.
A wine tasting session will allow you to sample a fine selection of exotic flavours and try delicious wines while learning about the wine production from the owner himself. Children will be offered a complimentary non-alcoholic beverage.
Conclude your visit by heading to the boutique to make memento purchases. Should you wish to share this experience, you can buy the wine from the boutique-the only point of sale for the wine. The shop offers a selection of unique products, including wines, local products and souvenirs.
The Winery Tour includes:
- Guided visit of the Winery
- Short video on the wine process
- Tasting Experience at the bar (Non-alcoholic cocktails offered to minors)
- Meet and greet with the owner
- Visit of the souvenir shop and art gallery
- Duration of the visit and wine tasting: 45 minutes
- Maximum number of participants: 30 people maximum – divided in 2 groups of 15 people
- Monday to Friday: 09h00- 17h00
Rhumerie de Chamarel
Located in the heart of a luxuriant valley, the Rhumerie de Chamarel welcomes you for an all-encompassing experience through a guided visit of its distillery. You will have a guided tour of the distillery with one of the experienced guides, taking you behind the scenes of the rum making process.
As opposed to traditional rum produced by the distillation of molasses, agricultural rum is obtained by distilling pure cane juice, a process which gives it specific aromas and flavours.
During your visit you will have the opportunity of having a unique rum tasting session where you can try a selection of agricultural rums produced by the distillery. It is the ideal occasion for you to discover a special collection of rums, including white rum, Coeur de chauffe, exotic flavoured rums and vintage rums.
Your visit to Rhumerie de Chamarel includes:
- A guided tour with one of the experienced guides
- Visit of the distillery
- A detailed explanation of the rum making process
- Rum tasting with a sample selection of rums
- Visit the Sugar Cane Spirit Shop
- Duration of the visit and rum tasting: 30-40 minutes
- Children (up to 12 years old) have to be accompanied by their parents and rum tasting is not included
- Mondays to Friday: 09h30 - 17h30
Rhumerie Saint Aubin
Discover the Rhumerie Saint Aubin, a plantation and an artisanal rum distillery, where Mauritius’ very first agricultural rum was created, wholly from pure sugarcane juice.
You can visit greenhouses, where you will come across an assortment of anthuriums and tropical flowers. Learn all about rum production and the processes of distilling rum. A rum tasting session will give you the chance to try different, skilfully made rums, such as the white agricultural rum.
Saint Aubin has over the years developed a distinctive signature thanks to the precision invested into their distillation process, which instils into their rums an unmatched aspect of authenticity and originality.
Your visit to Saint Aubin includes:
- A guide to lead you around
- Visit of the “Rum” House and Tasting
- Visit of the Vanilla House
- Visit of the Anthurium (flowers) greenhouses
- Visit of the tropical garden and spice garden
- Duration of the visit and rum tasting: 1-2 hours
- Monday to Sunday (including public holidays): 09h00 - 17h00
Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour
Start & End times:
- Duration: The duration of the Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour is 7 Hours
- This tour is offered from Monday to Friday
- Departure Time: 09:00 am from your hotel / place of accommodation
- Return time: 16:00 pm back to your hotel / place of accommodation
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types
- Family Car - Up to 4 passengers
- 6 Seater vehicle - Up to 6 passengers
- Minivan - Up to 10 passengers
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
- The private tour is done in a private car / minivan (for bigger groups) and includes full transportation to all the sights, pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mauritius and a driver to show you around.
As part of this tour, you have the flexibility of choosing the lunch at one of the below restaurants
Lunch Menu at Rhumerie de Chamarel - L’Alchimiste Restaurant,
As part of this visit to the Rhumerie de Chamarel, we offer you the opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch and a unique dining experience at the beautiful L’Alchimiste restaurant. L’Alchimiste specializes in a unique cuisine, prepared with local products sourced from the estate itself.
You can choose from the A la Carte menu detailed here below:
- Duck Salad - ’aiguillette’-comfit-oeuf-pecan, nut-bread crumbs, raspberry vinaigrette
- The velvet of foie gras enhanced by diced pineapple, served with ginger bread toast
- Tuna Carpaccio, palm heart tartar
- Crab meat gratin, braised palm heart and a thick frothy sauce
- Palm heart salad accompanied with prawns
- Braised palm heart, with king prawn - Hollandaise sauce, asparagus emulsion
- Homemade cold cut with a crispy green salad
- Chef Salad - green salad - smoked chicken – anchovy bread crumbs
- Pork Braised with Chamarel Rum
- Lamb Shank braised
- Beef Salad or French fries, béarnaise sauce
- Mixed Grilled Salad or French fries
- The Duck Trilogy
- Catch of the day Fish fillet upon availability and leek sauce
- Chicken and Prawns Curry with coconut milk
- Vegetables - Curry with pickles - Grilled mille-feuille, tomato sauce and pesto
- ‘Alchimiste’ Moelleux, vanilla ice cream (20 mins)
- Pineapple from the domain
- Cheese cake with a strawberry coulis
- Vanilla ‘Crème Brûlée’ with Muscovado sugar
- Chamarel Gold Rum Baba
- Homemade Ice Cream and sherbets
- Café gourmand
Price for A La Carte Menu: 38 Euro/Person
Lunch Menu at Saint Aubin Restaurant
A few miles north of Souillac in the direction of the Rivière des Anguilles is the beautiful Saint Aubin Restaurant, hosted in a 19th century colonial plantation mansion. It was once a residence for the owners of the sugar plantation, and today it is a restaurant offering the very best of local Mauritian and Creole cuisine.
The meal consists of:
- Starter: Palm heart salad with smoked marlin & Bread basket
- Main Course: Chicken in vanilla with Rice and Chutneys
- Side Dishes: Sautéed vegetables, Lentil soup, Mixed chutneys and pickles, Plain rice
- Dessert: Caramelized banana in toffee sauce
- Drinks: ½ bottle of water
Price for the lunch Menus
- Price per lunch per Adult: 30 Euro
- Price per lunch per Child: 18 Euro
The Transportation prices are Per Vehicle (and not per person). You can choose the vehicle type according to the number of passengers in your group.
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people): 79 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people): 89 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 10 people): 110 Euro
Mauritius Wine & Rum Tour
- Price Per Adult: 34 Euro
- Price Per Child (age 3-12): 18 Euro
Price for the lunch Menus:
Rhumerie de Chamarel - L’Alchimiste Restaurant
- A La Carte Menu: 38 Euro
Saint Aubin Restaurant
- Price per lunch per Adult: 30 Euro / Adult
- Price per lunch per Child: 18 Euro / Child
|Number of Participants||Total Price||Price Per Person|
|2 Adults||139 Euro||70 Euro|
|4 Adults||203 Euro||51 Euro|
|6 Adults||277 Euro||46 Euro|
|12 Adults||494 Euro||41 Euro|
|2 Adults + 2 Children||175 Euro||44 Euro|