Interaction With Rhinos
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||This activity is offered only in the morning: 08:30 & 09:00|
Interaction with the Rhinos in Mauritius!
Experience a thrilling encounter with the Rhinos!
Here at the Mauritius' unique World of Adventures Park you will get to take part in a unique one-on-one interaction with the rhinos.
Feel your adrenaline rush as you join our Interaction with the Rhinos, known as one the “Big 5" animals. You will get to come up and close to these huge creatures for a true once-in-a-lifetime experience!
As part of the Rhinos Interaction, you will get to spend an exciting 15 minutes inside the Rhino’s enclosure accompanied by the qualified and enthusiastic rhino’s handlers.
The size and strength of these tough animals becomes abundantly clear as you approach them. You will get to touch them, observe them closely and learn a lot on their behavior and characteristic from the expert handlers.
About the Rhinos: As one of Africa’s ‘big five’, Rhinoceros or more commonly Rhinos, are a popular sight for tourists. Members of the rhinoceros family are characterized by their large size (they are some of the largest remaining mega-fauna), by a herbivorous diet, a thick protective skin of 1.5–5 cm thick formed from layers of collagen positioned in a lattice structure, relatively small brains for mammals this size (400–600 g) and a large horn.
- The timing for the Interaction with Rhinos is done only in the morning: 08:30 & 09:00
- The Interaction with Rhinos is offered every day.
- The Interaction is offered to participants as from 10 years and above.
- Duration of the Interaction with Rhinos activity: 15 minutes.
- Duration of the entire visit to the park: 3 – 5 hours
- Maximum number of participants per each interaction slot is 4.
- All participants must be physically and mentally capable to perform this particular activity.
- Participants should not have any major hearing or visual impairments. If any of the above is found incorrect on the day of your activity "NO" refund will be considered. These rules are for your safety.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
Important: The Interaction with Rhinos is done at the Yemen Reserve which is part of the Casela World of Adventures. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Interaction with Rhinos excursion together with the entry tickets to the park.
About the Casela Safari and Bird Park: The Mauritius Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Visit to the park includes
- Toboggan - Experience a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius, zigzagging your way through the tubby slide together with your family, friends and kids. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys. The first spans 1.80m, with turns and twists. The other, a little stiff and fast ending with a bump taking you up in the air landing on a gigantic buoy.
- Walk thru the aviary - Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo - Find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes and all their neighbors during a unique 45 minutes safari tour taking you to the Mauritian savannah onboard one of the safari vehicles.
- Big cats viewing - For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Far from the African savannah, experience the thrill of coming close to the King and other big cats! Included in the ticket price is the visit to the Big Cats park where you would enjoy a close view of the lions, cheetahs and tigers.
- Giraffe viewing - Come face to face with majestically animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel viewing - If you’ve always wondered how camel really look like and how do they live, come to Casela Park to view these fascinating animals live.
- Kid’s playground - A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm - An ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals.
- 3D Interactive Map - Discovery of natural science and History of Mauritius through giant 3D Maps.
Additional activities offered at the Park
- Walk with Lions
- Segway Safari Trip
- Safari Quad Biking
- Drive Thru
- Zip Lines Excursion
- Big Cats Interactions
- Half Day Canyoning Excursion - Rivière Papayes
Shared basis Interaction with Rhinos
- Price per participant: 55 Euro / person
Visit of the Casela World of Adventures Park (Entry tickets)
- Price per Adult: 20 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 10-12): 13 Euro
Customers who bought this activity also purchased