Padi Junior Open Water Diver Course - Tamarin (West Coast)
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Course Duration: Three and a half days. A medical certification of good health, not older than 1 year, is required. CLOSED on sundays|
PADI Junior Open Water Diver Course in Tamarin
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the basic certification required to experience the wonderful maritime life worldwide and without a diving instructor.
During the course your instructor will teach you basic theoretical knowledge – you will have to take a test at the end of each chapter to ensure proper assimilation of scuba diving basics, along with a final theoretical exam on all the material covered. You can also choose the e-learning option and complete the theoretical part, prior to your dives. You will learn the practical skills of diving during 5 swimming pool sessions and 4 open water dives.
This program suits anyone with a keen interest to learn about scuba diving, as long as they have reasonably good swimming abilities, and are in good health. Spanning over three and a half days, the PADI Junior Open Water Diver Course consists of a combination of 5 swimming pool practice sessions, theoretical sessions, 4 open sea dives and a final written exam.
The open sea dives will focus on helping you build confidence to dive independently in the open sea and explore the amazing diving sites and marine life Mauritius has to offer while putting to practice all that you have learned. For the junior diver course, the open sea dives are done at a depth of up to 14-22m.
During the course, the day usually starts at around 9.15 and ends between 13.00-14.00. Usually there are 2 dives a day at 2 different dive sites
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of 4 main phases
- Knowledge development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Learn basic scuba skills through initial dives in protected areas
- Learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques
- Experience Open Water Dives to review and improve your skills and to explore Mauritius' amazing marine life!
Included in Price
- 5 swimming pool sessions
- 4 open sea dives
- PADI course book
- PADI’s theoretical exam
- MSDA license
- International PADI certification
- Full diving equipment
- Course duration: 3 ½ days
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Non-divers accompanying the participant can enjoy a free boat trip and snorkelling session (subject to availability).
- For the open water diver course a medical certification of good health, not older than 1 year, is required
- The open water diver course can be completed in 3 ½ days, however, the exact number of days depends on the number of dives you will decide to go on each day
- This trip is offered everyday except on Sunday
All year round Mauritius is a very safe and beautiful location for a diving holiday. Both beginners and certified divers can be sure to have safe enjoyable dives in these perfect conditions.
- To learn more about the diving conditions in Mauritius check our Diving in Mauritius page
- You can also learn about the different diving courses available in Mauritius, the general structure of a diving course, and on the biggest diving organizations by checking our Diving Courses page
Price per Person for the Open Water Diver Course 465 Euro
Please note that
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing or respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.