Shared - The Blue Marine Discovery Quest
|Operating Days||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Activity Time||08:00 - 15:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Did you know?In addition to the traditional trekking activities in Mauritius, you can also go on a unique adventure activity of Hiking with the ziplining.
Shared - The Blue Marine Discovery Quest
The Blue Journey - An original way of enjoying the remarkably picturesque West Coast of Mauritius, with great comfort and exceptional service on the fabulous 50ft sea-ranger boat.
Looking to enjoy an exceptional Marine Discovery without hiring the boat on exclusivity? Embark with us on a unique, unforgettable and eco friendly marine discovery … journey to explore the dolphins, sperm whales as well as many other marine species on shared basis.
Mauritius Attractions has the extreme pleasure to offer its clients a specially designed Blue Marine Discovery Quest trip package on shared basis.
This Shared Luxury cruise experience includes
- A shared full day cruise on a 50ft boat from 8.00am – 3.00pm
- A light breakfast served on the luxury boat
- Discovery of dolphins, whales, turtles, corals and tropical fish and Many bird watching opportunities
- Explanation on the mammals and the marine life you will discover during your journey
- Delicious fine dining lunch in an amazing setting overlooking the West Coast
- Open bar offering selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Key exclusive snorkeling site proposed by our crew where you will discover Mauritius awesome coral eco-system and Snorkeling gear for each passenger
- Maximum comfort and Luxury onboard to discover the amazing West Coast
- Access to all the facilities of the luxury boat such as the luxurious Upper deck, 2 cabins and toilets
Your … Blue Marine Discovery Quest – Shared Day Program
You will be welcomed onboard for a true marine adventure at 8:00 am with a light breakfast (delicious home-made cake, coffee) to “kick start” your journey before venturing out to sea.
Following the breakfast, you will have a pre-departure briefing by the boat’s captain about the day itinerary.
The briefing will also include aspects such as: Your Shared day program, Type of Dolphins and whales which you will encounter, Dolphins and whales habits, Types of Marine animals and sea birds that may be encountered, Guidelines for Sustainable Dolphin and whales Watching and Security Measures on the Boats.
The first part of the journey for the encounter with the mammals ends around noon and you will cruise from the deep sea back to the lagoon.
For the second part of the journey, the boat will stop for break in some key locations along the coral reefs, where you can enjoy a swim and some snorkeling in the sea, or enjoy the sun and drinks onboard our 50ft boat. The snorkeling is a great way to have a glimpse into the mesmerizing marine life and the underwater world of Mauritius.
This is great chance to enjoy the beautiful West coast taking a break from the cruising in deep sea for the whales’ activity for a delicious BBQ lunch, swimming, snorkeling, some relaxation and great time for taking pictures.
Expected arrival time to Black River is 15:00 pm.
Dolphins’ Encounter & Whales Watching
Following the briefing onboard, the luxury boat will depart, heading to Tamarin Bay area where you can encounter dolphins in their natural habitat. The lower deck is perfect to see the dolphins from close; you will be amazed by seeing the pod of dolphins swimming next to the boat.
After the outing with the dolphins, you will be taken further out to the deep sea for the whale watching. The cruising journey to the whales is wonderful and is one of the highlights of this Shared Luxury cruise…
On your way to the whales, you will have the opportunity to watch the spectacular scenery of the West coast, where you will have a spectacular view of the Rempart Mountain, the Black River mountain range, and of the magnificent Le Morne Mountain and the beautiful Le Morne peninsula. From the luxurious upper deck, the whole scenery is even more spectacular…
For those of you who prefer the lower deck, you can enjoy the free time by relaxing and tanning.Along the way, you will be able to see turtles and observe the different sea birds and the skippers will be more than happy to give you any information on the marine animals you will see.
Whale watching is a different and more difficult outing as you will have to go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have, depends a lot on weather and sea conditions. But, when you do see the whales, the sight is unbelievable.
Everyone has their own way of describing this incredible sight. Sometimes instead of the usual outbursts, it is the deafening silence of being lost for words as you hear the enormous humpback whale take one last breath before a dive.
As part of this special shared cruise on our 50ft boat, a delicious full BBQ Lunch will be served onboard close to the amazing West coast, out looking the beautiful coastlines and landscape, from the sea, away from the busy world.
The lunch is served and prepared by our skippers, and all along you will continue to enjoy a selection of refreshments, which will be served before and after the lunch.
The high-end lunch setting will set the mood for the mouth watering lunch that has been especially prepared for you.
- Sparkling wine and appetizers
- An assortment of canapés
- Lobster grilled on the barbecue
- Seafood skewer
- Grilled chicken and fish
Selection of Side dishes:
- Pasta salad
- Fresh green salads
- Garlic bread
- Various sauces and dressings
- Grilled Banana
- This exceptional Blue Marine Discovery Quest trip on shared basis is offered only on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
- Luxury boat: upon availability – the 50ft boat, unless it is already booked and in such case our other luxury 42ft boat will be provided.
- Maximum of 10 passengers on the 50ft boat and maximum 4 passengers on the 42ft boat.
- This is a full day activity with departure from Black River (south west of Mauritius) at 8:00 am, and return at around 15:00 pm
- Outings are not recommended to pregnant women
- Snorkeling equipment is provided for you free of charge.
- Note: There is a guarantee of 60% that you will see the Whales but if that is not the case, there will be no cash refund as the costs for such outings are too high in terms of fuel used.
- Children of any age is allowed to go on this activity, however as it is a long journey and the whale watching is done out in the Deep sea, our recommendation is to go on this activity as from the age of 7 years
- There are 2 shower units and a toilet on board. The boat also has 1 double room and 2 single rooms.
- A light breakfast and a Delicious BBQ lunch is included onboard
- Selection of complimentary drinks: Water, Soft Drinks (Coke, Sprite), Juice, Rhum, Beer and Wine.
- What to bring: We suggest bringing hats, t-shirts and sun block cream for sun protection, cameras, swimsuits
More about Dolphins & Whales in Mauritius
Dolphins and whales are perhaps the most fantastic of all the creatures that live in the ocean. The dolphins - cheerful and playful are symbols of intelligence and grace.
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin, on the west coast of Mauritius, on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning. The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made of the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
The Bottlenose Dolphin is one of the most common and well-known dolphins. Bottlenose Dolphins are grey in color and can be between 2 and 4 meters (6.6 and 13 ft) long, and weigh between 150 and 650 kilograms (330 and 1,400 lb). Bottlenose Dolphins live in groups called pods that typically number about 15 dolphins, but group size varies from solitary bottlenose dolphins up to groups of over 100 or even occasionally over 1000 animals. Their diet consists mainly of small fish.
The Spinner Dolphin is dark gray, with darker patches in the tail stock, back and throat. Usually it has creamy-white patch on the belly though this varies considerably. The beak is distinctively long and thin, with a dark tip. The fins too are lengthy for dolphins of this size. Adults have varied in size from 129 cm to 235 cm and weight from 23 kg to 78 kg. The gestation period is 10 months. Individuals reach maturity at 4-7 years (females) and 7-10 years (males). Longevity is unknown. Spinners congregate in groups that vary from just a few dolphins to great schools numbering in the thousands.
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous Whale in Mauritius is the Sperm Whale.
The Sperm Whale is the largest species of toothed whale, with adult bulls(males) growing to be about 15-18 meters (50-60 feet) long, and weighing about 45-70 tonnes. The body of sperm whales is robustly proportioned, with paddled-shaped flippers. The lower jaw is always relatively small and thin relative to the upper jaw. The Sperm Whale dived to great depths to find food, and it eats squid, fish, and even sharks.
- Price per adult:175 Euro
- Price per child (5-12years): 125 Euro