Interaction With Rhinos
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||The park is open daily from 9am to 5pm, except on Saturdays until 9pm for Casela By Night | This activity is offered only in the morning: 08:30 & 09:00|
Interaction with the Rhinos in Mauritius!
Experience a thrilling encounter with the Rhinos! Meet one of the world’s most incredible animals at the brink of extinction! Learn about how amazing they are and why they have been hunted for centuries! This is your chance to experience a safari unlike others, a safari where you can get as close as possible to these magnificent creatures.
Feel your adrenaline rush as you join our Interaction with the Rhinos, known as one the “Big 5" African animals. You will get to come up and close to these huge creatures for a true once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Experience a thrilling encounter with the Rhinos
- Get to take part in a unique, close-up interaction with the rhinos
- Observe them closely and learn a lot on their behaviour and characteristics
- A true once-in-a-lifetime experience, pat and feed them
- An opportunity to experience the Wild African Habitat of the animals
- One of the most famous activities of Mauritius!
Rhino Interaction Activity- Inclusions:
- Exclusive activity for just you and your group
- Spend an exciting 45 minutes inside the Rhino’s enclosure
- Interact with the Rhinos, Benji and Ella
- Pat and Feed these gentle giants
- Accompanied by the qualified and enthusiastic rhino’s handlers
- Learn about these creature firsthand from the keepers
- Visit of the Casela Nature parks with various species of animals
Important: The Rhino Interaction is done at the Safari Reserve which is part of Casela Nature Park hence require the Entrance ticket to get access. The price for the Rhino Interaction does not include the Entrance ticket and will have to be purchased separately.
Entrance ticket to Casela Nature Parks
- Safari to see zebras, ostriches, white rhinoceros, impalas, antelopes, kudus, wildebeest
- Visit Birds Paradise Park - Walk thru the aviary
- Animal viewing - Giraffe, camel, pygmy hippo, llama viewing
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen
- Access to Pangia Kid’s Park
- Visit Predator Kingdom (Big Cats Kingdom)
- 1 Ride at the Tulawaka Coaster
(All activities and attractions which are not included in this package are pay-as-you-go)
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organise drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Casela Nature Parks, Royal Road, Cascavelle (West)
|Operating Hours of the Park:||09.00-17.00|
|The park is open daily from 9am to 5pm, except on Saturdays until 9pm for Casela By Night (Pangia Rides,Tulawaka Gold Coaster & Wamwam Restaurant).|
|The park will be closed on 25th December and 1st January|
|Start & End times:||The activity is offered only in the morning at 08:30, before the park opens.|
|The Interaction with Rhinos activity:||45 minutes|
|Duration of the entire visit to the park:||Approx 3 hours|
|The Interaction with Rhinos is offered every day|
|Clients must reach the park 30 minutes prior to the start of the activity.|
|This activity should be booked at least 48 hours before|
Rhino Interaction Activity in Mauritius
If you have always dreamt of seeing a rhino up close, here is your chance. Ella & Benji, the two white rhinos at Casela Nature Parks are so playful and amicable. Put your adventurer hat on and get your backpack secured, you are going to live one of the most wonderful moments of your life.
Ready to embark on this epic encounter? - The rhino interaction is done early in the morning in their enclosure before they are released in the safari. Once you reach the site, you will feel like African desert rangers getting ready for some serious rhino-watching. The only difference is, you are completely safe in the hands of the handlers of the enclosure. They will, as you make your way to the enclosure, tell you all you need to know about what's coming.
Meet The Rhinos - The size and strength of these tough animals becomes abundantly clear as you approach them. You will get to pat and feed them and gain some deep understanding of these giants. As part of the Rhinos Interaction, you will get to spend an exciting moment inside the Rhino’s enclosure accompanied by the qualified and enthusiastic rhino’s handlers.
About the Rhinos: As one of Africa’s ‘big five’, Rhinoceros or more commonly Rhinos, are a popular sight for tourists. Members of the rhinoceros family are characterised by their large size (they are some of the largest remaining mega-fauna), by a herbivorous diet, a thick protective skin of 1.5–5 cm thick formed from layers of collagen positioned in a lattice structure, relatively small brains for mammals this size (400–600 g) and a large horn.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park - World of Adventures
About the Casela Nature Park: Located beside the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius, the Mauritius Casela Nature Park stays true to being a real nature and adventure park. Along with plenty of activities and attractions for all ages, that park also offers magnificent views of the countryside, rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Entrance ticket includes:
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop.
- Visit Birds Paradise Park - Walk thru the aviary - Get ready to be fascinated when visiting the Bird Paradise. Walk through the bird aviary to discover various colorful bird species from all around the world.
- Animal viewing - Giraffe, camel, pygmy hippo, llama viewing - Among the many animals in the park, you will get to see giraffes and pygmy hippos for a unique viewing experience. Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Be sure to stop by the Petting farm and Tortoise pen, the ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- Access to Pangia Kid’s Park - The new Pangia Kid’s Park boasts a children’s playground that will offer fun to the young ones! Make sure to bring along the little ones to let them have their fair share of fun!
- Visit Predator Kingdom (Big Cats Kingdom) - For Big Cat lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Predator Kingdom to enjoy a close view of the big cats such as the roaring lions, the magnificent caracals and the majestic tigers.
- One Ride on the Tulawaka Gold Coaster - The perfect ride for thrill seekers, a unique summer luge running on a 760m track including a cable lift hill, vertiginous descents and bends while offering thrill-seekers an exciting ride with a breathtaking view of the west coast of Mauritius!
Additional Info about Casela Nature Parks
The park includes several thematic worlds, as well as a hub for discovery and learning.
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop. Casela Nature Parks offers several fun ways to get closer to animals of the African Safari: choose between our zebra bus,the safari Quad or Segway.
- Predator Kingdom: At the Predator Kingdom, Safari adventures brings you the best of the Big Cats experiences in Mauritius. This is a unique opportunity for visitors to have once in a lifetime experience. Big Cats encounters include: walking with lions, interaction with cheetah, caracal and serval, feeding the lions and the drive-thru to see tigers and lions in their natural habitat.
- Thrill Mountain: Thrill Mountain at Casela combines all the mountain and rope activities for thrill-seekers. Jump from a 40m platform into the canyon with the Canyon Swing, zip across breath-taking scenic valleys with plenty of Ziplines, walk on our spectacular Risk Factor Bridge, Zip and Splash into the river and for the more adventurous: hiking and mountain climbing on the Via Ferrata.
- Birds & Rides: A range of rides, activities and attractions to suit all ages. The Tulawaka Gold Coaster for thrill seekers, slide on a Buoy into the air with a Toboggan Ride, awaken your senses with the 4D Cinema, and discover the most impressive bird species in Mauritius with the Aviary.
- Pangia Kids Park: Pangia Kids Park is a brand new world, full of fun, located in the heart of Casela! Come and experience family time like never before with the Monkey Swing, the Dino Ride, the Mushroom Vortex, the Carousel and so many more! The kids will also become little chefs at the Wamwam restaurant.
(All activities and attractions which are not included in this package are pay-as-you-go)
Additional activities offered at the Park
Suitable clothing should be worn when taking part in the activities: no long dresses.
Sunglasses should be removed
Suitable footwear should also be worn.
|Visit of the Casela World of Adventures Park (Entry tickets)|
|Price per Adult||21 Euros|
|Price per Child (ages 4-12||17 Euros|
|Interation with Rhinos||49 Euros|