Mauritius National Botanical Garden
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 17:30|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Duration||1 hrs 30 mins|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Local guides are available for a guided tour of the gardens (offered for minimal supplement)|
Visit to the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden (Mauritius) - Overview
The Botanic Garden, formally known as Sir Seewoosagur Botanical Garden, is one of the most visited attractions in Mauritius. The garden is located in the proximity of Port-Louis in the district of Pamplemousses and is home to an incredible variety of tropical plants - many of them being indigenous.
Visit this garden and take a stroll down history lane. You will be swept to an era where the French occupied the island and you will witness the development of Mauritius from that time to what it is now, through the stories that the trees narrate.
Highlights of this site:
- One of the most visited attractions in Mauritius
- Chance to explore and learn more about different plant species
- This tour is highly recommended to nature lovers
- The home to an incredible variety of tropical plants
- You can also opt for a private guided tour (charges apply)
The Mauritius National Botanical Garden Includes:
- Entrance to the Botanical Garden
- Discover over 650 varieties of plants (the famous Baobabs, the Palmier Bouteille etc.)
- Explore the main attractions of the botanical garden
- See the 85 different varieties of palm trees brought from around the world
- Opportunity to explore indigenous species of plants
- Visit the Giant Water Lilies pond
- Guides are available at the entrance of the garden, offering a full tour - at your own discretion
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organise drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Pamplemousses, North Region
|Start & End times:||08:30 - 17:00|
|Duration:||The duration of the visit can take about 1 hrs 30 mins|
About the Visit to the National Botanical Garden in Mauritius
This is your chance to visit & tour the famed Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden in Mauritius!
The botanical garden was initially opened as a private garden by the French governor of Mauritius nearly 300 years ago, later to become the National Botanical Garden of Mauritius.
The garden stretches over endless acres of land and it may take you more than a week to cover the whole garden. It is populated with more than 650 varieties of plants among which are the famous Baobabs, the Palmier Bouteille, the ineluctable Giant Water Lilies, dozens of medicinal plants, a large spice garden and many more.
One of the main attractions of the botanical garden is the 85 different varieties of palm trees brought from different corners of the world. Other indigenous species of plants are also exhibited here.
- Mosquito Repellent
- Recommended to wear closed shoes
|Mauritius National Botanical Garden|
|Price per Adult||9 Euro|
|Price per Child (0-5)||Free of charge|
What a great visit to the gardens! Thank you for helping us book the trip!