Semi - Submarine Trip (Nessee)
|Operating Hours||08:00 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Duration||1 hrs 45 mins|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Activity times: 10:00am / 12:30pm / 14:30pm|
Semi Submarine trip in Mauritius - Overview
Enjoy a trip in a semi-submarine giving you a unique look at the undersea world in complete safety. This is a great way to discover the beautiful colorful marine life without getting wet. You will get to explore the rich coral reefs of Mauritius and encounter the rich aquatic underwater life of Mauritius.
The semi-submarine is equipped with a deck and an underwater unit, allowing you to experience both being out at sea and exploring underwater with the illusion of sailing in a submarine. Enjoy spectacular views with maximum safety behind the boat’s glass windows in a comfortable air-conditioned cabin. This unique vessel is an ideal activity for families with children, who love watching fish up close but this time with a new exciting feeling of being in a semi-submarine and watching from below the waterline.
Highlights of this activity:
- Over 1.5 hours in a semi-submarine
- Discover the underwater world on the northern coast
- Sit comfortably inside the submarine as you discover the underwater world without getting wet
- Get the chance to spot unique/endemic species only seen in the Mauritian waters
- Get to snorkel near the reefs to see the colourful fishes and corals
- Ideal trip for families with children
Semi Submarine trip in Mauritius - Inclusions
- 1 hour 45 mins Trip in a Semi-Submarine
- Snacks and refreshments will be served during the excursion
- Each seat gives you your own window for up close views
- Access to the upper deck for a better view of the ocean and the horizon
- Guides will explain on Mauritius’ marine species and topology
- Choose to remain on board or go off board to enjoy some snorkeling
Note: Snorkeling equipment will not be provided for sanitary reasons. You are requested to bring your own if you would like to snorkel.
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Grand Bay, North Region
|Duration:||1 hrs 45 mins|
|Operational Days:||Everyday (subject to availability)|
|Activity time:||10h00 / 12h30 / 14h30|
Semi Submarine trip in Mauritius.
You will discover the colourful and marvellous underwater world of Mauritius without getting wet! You will get to explore the rich coral reefs of Mauritius and encounter the rich aquatic underwater life of Mauritius.
The trip lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes. All along you will be comfortably seated underneath sea level in an air-conditioned room offering you an optimal and close panoramic view of coral reefs, of the abundant colorful fish and of many other species.
The guides will explain to you about the different species you will encounter during the trip and guide you on Mauritius’ marine world.
At any time you can take a break and go on board to enjoy some sun, beautiful views of the lagoon, of the beaches and of Mauritius landscape.
In one key location during the trip, the semi submarine will stop along the reef and you can choose to go off board and enjoy some snorkeling along the beautiful coral reef. This is a great way to enrich the experience and discover the large variety of corals and fishes firsthand.
On the way back to Grand Bay, the cruising route is slightly different giving you the possibility to see a new area of the reef and the lagoon and discover species like turtles, rays, barracudas and many more.
The semi-submarine is an ideal activity for children, who love watching fish from close by. They will enjoy a spectacular view with maximum safety behind the boat’s glass windows.
Refreshments will be served during the excursion.
About The Semi Submarine - The Nessee
« Le Nessee » is a 23 ton aluminium semi-submersible (partly emerged boat) with an air-conditioned cabin situated at 1m50 below the sea level, and offering a very good panoramic view. This type of boat was specially designed for the discovery of marine life. Le Nessee has welcomed more than 90 000 visitors to date.
- Deck with sitting area covered with sun shelter
- Toilets & Showers
- Air-conditioned cabin equipped with public address system and radio cassette
- Life Jackets / Distress Rockets / Mobile Telephone / Radio / Fire Extinguishers / First Aid Kit
- Spare clothes
- Snorkeling equipment (Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary reasons)
|Semi - Submarine Trip (Nessee)|
|Price per Adult:||25 Euros|
|Price per Child (0-10):||15 Euros|
Our experience was amazing.