Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin House
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Open on public holidays|
Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin House - Overview
Enjoy a tranquil visit to the Saint Aubin House. You will discover the story of the Mauritian tea routes and learn part of the history of this beautiful island with it.
Visiting the Saint Aubin house is the third stop and main site of the Mauritian Tea Route. This tour will have you visit the main sites of the tea routes around the Saint Aubin tea estate. You will spend a lovely time learning about history and tea making, enjoying the surroundings and the serene atmosphere of the place.
Highlights of this activity:
- Get to know a part of the history of Mauritius through the Tea route
- Visit many interesting points of interest and sites within the estate
- Discover the transformation process of the vanilla orchid from the flower to the aromatic pod as well as the rum making process
- Opportunity to stroll in the tropical and spice garden
- An optional lunch for you to enjoy in this serene setting
Your visit to Saint Aubin includes
- A guided tour of the Saint Aubin house and the Gallery (Le Grenier du Domaine de Saint Aubin)
- Visit of the La Maison du Rhum (Rum House) and Tasting
- Guided tour of the Sugar Factory and Le Moulin du Domaine de Saint Aubin (The Mill of Domaine de Saint Aubin)
- Visit of La Vieille Cheminée du Domaine de Saint Aubin (The Old Fireplace of Domaine de Saint Aubin)
- Visit of La Maison de la Vanille (Vanilla House)
- Visit of the Anthurium Greenhouse
- Visit of the tropical botanical garden and spice garden at Domaine de Saint Aubin
- The Mini Farm of Domaine de Saint Aubin
- Visit the Boutique du Domaine de Saint Aubin
- Transportation to Saint Aubin and back to place of accommodation
- Typical Mauritian lunch
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Saint Aubin, South Region
|Operating Hours:||09:00 - 17:00|
|Duration:||The entire visit lasts for approximately 1 hour|
|The activity is offered every day|
||La Maison du Rhum is not operational on Sundays and Public Holidays, but visits are possible.|
Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin House
This visit and tour of Saint Aubin House is an amazing opportunity for you to discover the history of Mauritius and its tea industry over the years. You will get a guided visit of the Saint Aubin House and the Sugar Factory of the estate. You will also get to visit a rum house and have a rum tasting session. There are many other sites that you will get to explore and learn from and even get to visit a small farm on the estate. Do not forget to have a look around the on-site shop to purchase souvenirs to remember your time at the Saint Aubin House.
The estate produces sugar cane which is then processed to make sugar as well as delicious rum. The manufacture of which you may see during your visit to the distillery.
You will also discover the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid from the flower to the aromatic pod. A guide will assist you in the visit and narrate to you the interesting stories about the Saint Aubin House. As part of the visit, you will learn about the estate that produces sugar cane which is then processed to make sugar as well as delicious rum.
Traditional rum is made on the spot from the first cane juice, is aged in oak barrels for 2 or 3 years, arranged with vanilla or coffee.
You will also discover the anthurium flowers and vanilla greenhouses, a botanical trail, a house of vanilla updating the production process of the famous aromatic pod. Also, you will have the opportunity to stroll in the tropical and spice garden.
A mini-farm has been set up where visitors will be able to interact with certain animals and birds that live on the Island. You will find fawns, chicks and peacocks among others.
End your tour with a special Mauritian lunch at the highly recommended restaurant of “Le Saint Aubin” by choosing the option 2 of the package:
|Option 1: Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin|
|Price per Adult||16 Euro|
|Price per Child (ages 5-12)||9 Euro|
|Entry ticket for babies (ages 0-4)||Free of Charge|
|Option 2: Visit & Tour of Saint Aubin + Lunch|
|Price per Adult with lunch||46 Euro|
|Price per Child with lunch:||29 Euro|