Big Cats Interactions at Casela Park
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
NOTE: Interactions with Cubs is currently not available.
Interaction with the Big Cats at Casela Park
The Big Cats Interaction is a unique activity to come face-to-face with one of these impressive predators (Lions, Caracals & Cheetas).
As part of this Interaction, you get to spend an exciting 15 minutes inside the enclosures of the Lions, Caracals or Cheetahs , and discover these magnificent animals from very close.
The size and strength of these predators becomes abundantly clear as does their playfulness and swift agility. The beauty of these animals can really be appreciated from up-close.
You will get to touch them, observe them closely, learn on their behavior and have a chat with the handlers.
For your convenience, we offer the following Big Cats Interactions:
- Lions Interaction – 15 minutes with the Lions
- Caracal Interaction – 15 minutes with the Caracals
- Cheetah Interaction - 15 minutes with the Cheetahs
- Lion Cubs’ Interaction - 5-8 minutes with the Lion Cubs
- Exclusive Interaction – Interaction with the Big Cats on a private basis, along with their handlers.
Each of these interactions is offered separately, accompanied by the Big Cats handlers and you have maximum flexibility to take part in one or more interaction.
The Interactions are carried out throughout the day from 09:30 to 15:30.
All the Big Cats Interactions are very popular and advance booking is a must!
More details on the Big Cats Interactions
Interaction with Lions
Enter the lion's enclosure for an exciting 15 minutes with the lions and their handlers.
The size and strength and beauty of these cats can really be appreciated when coming face-to-face to them inside their enclosure.
As part of the Lions Interaction, you will enter the lion’s enclosure under the supervision of professional guides. You will get to touch them, observe them closely, see how they play and interact between them and have a chat with the handlers.
About the Lions: Lions are the second largest members of the cat family. They are the only cats that live in big family groups. Their primary habitat is green plains, savanna and forests. Male lions stay with a pride only as long as they are strong enough to defend their group from other males. A lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away. The life span of a lion in the wild is about 12-18 years. In captivity it is more like 20-30 years.
Interaction with Caracal
Get up close and personal with the Caracal through an exciting encounter of 15 minutes. Feel the adrenaline rushing through your blood and your heart beating fast as you gently touch the Caracal. This is an experience like no other, under the supervision of professional handlers.
About the Caracal: The name Caracal is derived from a Turkish word “karakulak” meaning “black ear.” It is the largest member of Africa’s small cats, and it is most formidable. Often referred to as the desert lynx, the Caracal does not possess the same physical attributes of members of the lynx family, such as the characteristic ruff of hair around the face. Caracal has a short, dense coat, usually a consistent tawny-brown to brick-red, and black individuals have been recorded. Males can weigh as much as 40 pounds, and females as much as 35.
Interaction with Cheetahs
Meet the world’s fastest land animal- the cheetah!
These elegant and graceful mammals, part of the Big Cat family, are an endangered species in the African bush. Experience a unique 15-minute session among these magnificent beasts.
As part of this Cheetah Interaction, you will walk side by side and interact with the cheetahs, alongside the handlers. You will have the opportunity to learn about the animals, their habitat and behavior.
About the Cheetah: Cheetahs are a unique and specialized member of the cat family. Being the world’s fastest land animal, it can reach tremendous speeds between 80 – 112 km/h (50- 70 mph). This is because, unlike other cats, the cheetah has a leaner body and longer legs. Unlike lions, cheetahs cannot roar, but they purr instead.
Interaction with Cubs
Get a once in a lifetime opportunity to interact with Lion Cubs in their own enclosures. Getting up close and personal with lion cubs is an all together different experience.
It is also an awesome opportunity for kids as from 15 years old to play with the cubs. Under the supervision of the professional handlers, you will get to touch the cubs, observe them closely, see how they play and interact between them for around 5-8 minutes.
- For the interactions with cubs, parents need to accompany their children under the age of 15 years old and equally need to pay for the interactions with cubs
- The Interaction with Lion Cubs is offered from 15 years old and above.
- Duration: 5-8 minutes
- The timing for the Interactions activities are flexible and can be done during the morning times (09:30 – 11:30).
- Participants should be 150 cm and above
Exclusive Interaction with the Big Cats
Enjoy a unique Exclusive Private Interaction with Lions or Caracal for only you and your partners.
For our clients who want that real and more exciting one-on-one experience, we bring to you the Exclusive option of having a Private Interaction with your chosen Big Cat.
You will be accompanied in the enclosure by a personal guide; receive personal care and more explanation from the cat keeper and at the end of your Exclusive Interaction activity, you will receive complimentary DVD of your experience.
Included in the Private Interaction package:
- Private Interaction with Lions or Caracal or Cubs
- DVD with pictures of your Interaction activity
- The timing for the Interactions activities are flexible and can be done during the morning times (09:30 – 11:30) or during the afternoon (13:30 – 15:30). Note: Interactions with Lion Cubs can be done only during 09:30 - 11:30
- The Interactions with the Cats are offered every day except Sundays.
- The Interaction with Lions, Cheetahs and Caracal is offered only for adults - 15 years and above
- In order to take part in the Interactions with Lions, Cheetahs and Caracals, you must be above 150cm (1.50m = 4.9 feet).
- All participants must be physically and mentally capable to perform this particular activity.
- Participants should not have any major hearing or visual impairments. If the health and safety restrictions are not respected for your activity, "NO" refund will be considered. These rules are for your safety.
- This activity is covered by a safety brief therefore the participants need to be proficient either in French or English.
- All the Big Cats Interactions are very popular and advance booking is a must!
- The Big Cat keepers, have the right to not let a customer participate in the activities if the restrictions are not met.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
Important: The Big Cats Drive Thru Trips are done at the Yemen Reserve which is part of Casela Nature Park. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Drive Thru together with the entry tickets to the park.
About the Casela World of Adventures: The Mauritius Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Visit to the park includes
- Toboggan (Avalanche Mines) - a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Walk thru the aviary - Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo - This great value tour lets you find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes, white rhinoceros, impalas and kudus during a unique safari tour on-board one of the safari vehicles.
- Big Cats Kingdom - For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, caracal and tigers.
- Giraffe and pygmy hippo viewing - Come face to face with these majestic animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel and llama viewing - Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Monkey Kingdom - have some fun watching the long-tailed monkeys skip and hop about, in their enriched, natural habitat.
- Kid’s playground - A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- 3D Interactive Map and 4D Cinema
Additional activities offered at the Park
- Walk with Lions
- Segway Safari Trip
- Safari Quad Biking
- Drive Thru
- Zip Lines Excursion
- Interaction with Rhinos
- Half Day Canyoning Excursion - Rivière Papayes
Visit of the Casela World of Adventures Park (Entry tickets)
- Price per Adult: 22 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 3-12): 15 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-2): Free of charge
Shared basis Interaction with Lions/ Caracal or Cubs
- Interaction with Lions: 27 Euro / person
- Interaction with Caracal: 15 Euro / person
- Interaction with Cheetahs: 22 Euro / person
- Interactions with Lion Cubs: 49 Euro / person
- Price an Exclusive Interaction with Lions (up to 2 participants): 180 EUR
- Price an Exclusive Interaction with Caracal (up to 2 participants): 180 EUR