Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 17:00|
|Transportation||Included in price|
About the Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour
This specially-curated tour is ideal for nature lovers of all kinds. Experience the breathtaking scenery, rugged mountains, and beautiful fauna and flora of Mauritius. From Ile aux Aigrettes to Ebony Forest, you will discover a large variety of endemic plant and animal species and learn more about the history of the island. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Le Takamaka Restaurant (Optional) and look out for beautiful tropical plants and birds while hiking at the Ebony Forest.
As part of the Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour you will enjoy the following:
- Visit to the island of Ile aux Aigrettes
- Lunch at Le Takamaka Restaurant, Ebony Forest (Optional)
- Explore the Ebony Forest
The full day Endemic tour also includes:
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- Full transportation to all the sights
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
All along, you will travel in maximum convenience in an air-conditioned family car / minivan (for bigger groups), with an experienced driver/guide to show you around.
Your Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour will start off with a guided visit of Ile aux Aigrettes, which will allow you to discover native plant and animal species.
Next, you will have a delicious lunch at Le Takamaka restaurant at the Ebony Forest reserve and lastly, you will explore the Ebony Forest through hiking or walking across the raised walkways while admiring the native fauna and flora of Mauritius.
The Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour Itinerary
Ile aux Aigrettes
Ile aux Aigrettes, an island turned nature reserve in 1965, invites all nature lovers to discover what the ecosystem was like before the arrival of man. This green haven is filled with unique endemic species waiting to be discovered. While exploring the island, you will come across native species such as the pink pigeon, the Mauritius Fody, the Mauritius Olive white-eye, the beautifully coloured day gecko, the Telfair’s Skink and Aldabra giant tortoises. If you are lucky, you might even spot Big Daddy, a 100-year old tortoise who fathered most of the young tortoises on the island.
The Mauritian Wildlife Foundation (MWF), a local NGO, dedicated to the conservation of rare species, has put tremendous efforts in this 26-hectare coral island, to restore the place to its original state by replanting the endemic forest and reinstating endemic species. Your guided visit of the nature reserve will allow you to learn more about the flora and fauna of the island.
You can spend your time hiking, strolling or simply meandering along the trails and tracks at the Ebony Forest. While making your way through the forest, you will get to admire the native fauna of Mauritius, such as fruit bats, swiftlets and tropicbirds soaring high along the mountains’ ridgeline. The two mid-canopy walkways through the Ebony Forest will give you the surreal sensation of floating through one of the best-preserved forests on the island. If you are a keen bird watcher, you will be able to spot the endemic birds that the Ebony Forest hosts, such as the Mauritius Paradise Flycatcher, Mauritian Black Bulbul and grey-white eyes. The Sublime Point offers a breathtaking view of Le Morne Brabant and the surrounding bays where you can also see a lot of tropical birds, including the white-tailed tropicbird.
Additional information regarding the Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour
Start & End times:
- Duration: The duration of the Endemic Nature Tour is 8 hours
- This private tour is offered every day
- Departure time: 9:00 am from your hotel / place of accommodation
- Return time: 17:00 pm back to your hotel / place of accommodation
(Upon request it is possible to start or finish the tour in a different time)
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
- Family Car - Up to 4 passengers
- 6 Seater vehicle - Up to 6 passengers
- Minivan - Up to 12 passengers
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
- The private tour is done in a private car / minivan (for bigger groups) and includes full transportation to all the sights, pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mauritius and a driver to show you around.
Lunch Menu at Ebony Forest - Le Takamaka Restaurant (Optional)
The restaurant offers light lunches and local specialities such as deer sausages or the special poisson salé pizza. Furthermore, the restaurant uses the exotic wood removed during their restoration work to fuel their wood-fired pizza oven.
- Salad Bois d'Olive
Black olives, cucumber, feta, pineapple, onion, peanuts, tomato, lettuce, raisins Or
- Salad Ebony
Chicken, mushroom, tomato, onion, capsicum, lettuce Or
- Pizza Margherita (large)
Tomato sauce and mozzarella Or
- Pizza Latanier (large)
Chicken, onion, black olives, tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Banana tart Or
- Ice-cream / sorbet (3 scoops)
Drink: Virgin cocktail
- Pizza Margherita
Tomato sauce and mozzarella Or
- Fish fingers and chips Or
- Chicken nuggets and chips
Dessert: Ice-cream / sorbet (1 scoop)
Drinks: Fruit juice
The Transportation prices are Per Vehicle (and not per person). You can choose the vehicle type according to the number of passengers in your group.
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people): 85 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people): 95 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 12 people): 115 Euro
Endemic Mauritius Nature Tour Prices:
- Price Per Adult: 35 Euro
- Price Per Child (5-12): 22 Euro
- Adults Menu - 17 Euro / Adult
- Kids Menu (5-12) - 8 Euro / Child
Total Tour Price Per Person
|Number of Participants||Total Price||Price Per Person|
|2 Adults||155 Euros||77 Euros|
|4 Adults||225 Euros||56 Euros|
|6 Adults||305 Euros||50 Euros|
|12 Adults||535 Euros||45 Euros|
|2 Adults + 2 Children||199 Euros||50 Euros|
The total tour price includes: Private Transportation and Entry Tickets to all the sights