Horseback Beach Riding & Sunset Catamaran Cruise
|Operating Hours||14:00 - 19:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||12:30 - 20:30|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||The exact pick up / drop off times will be determined according to the location of your place of accommodation.|
Horseback Beach Riding & Sunset Catamaran Cruise
Enjoy a private horse riding & sunset catamaran cruise experience along the South West coast of Mauritius.
As part of this package you will get to explore Mauritius on a horseback riding along the fantastic white sandy beaches of the Le Morne peninsula, then, board your own private luxury catamaran for a romantic 2 hours sunset cruise.
This is a great romantic afternoon-evening package including riding the most majestic horses along the beach, with the crystal turquoise blue lagoon contrasting the pristine white sandy beaches in the background.
You will be ending the day with an unforgettable sunset cruise including snacks and drinks, having your own exclusive catamaran for you and your partner to enjoy in maximum privacy and romance.
As part of this day package you will enjoy
- Private Horse Riding on the Beach (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Private Sunset Catamaran Cruise along the west coast (2 hours)
Included in the price of this special day package are
- All trips and excursions charges (private horse riding, private sunset cruise)
- Full transportation to all the sights including Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- A personal driver-guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
Suggested Day Itinerary:
- 12:30 – 13:30* : Pick up from your place of accommodation
- 14:00 – 15:30 : Private Horse Riding on the Beach (1 hour 30 minutes)
- 17:00 – 19:00 : Exclusive sunset cruise along the west coast (2 hours)
- 19:45 – 20:30* : Drop off at your place of accommodation
The exact pick up / drop off times will be determined according to the location of your place of accommodation.
Information about each Excursion
About the Private Horse Riding on the Beach
Upon arrival you will be welcomed by the very friendly staff who will introduce you to your horse. You will have 10 minutes initiation before leaving the paddock. Novice riders will be taught how to mount their horse and will be given basic tuition on how to control their horse.
The instructor will watch you ride in the paddock first, which will help you build up your confidence with trotting and galloping. Now, it’s time to set out from the stables and go for a ride along these long stretches of white sand and turquoise sea.
Le Morne’s landscape is exceptional and magical! Its unique landscape is one of the most appealing mountains on the island.
As part of this horse riding trip you will ride along the beautiful beaches of the Le Morne Peninsula starting from the South west tip of the peninsula where some of the best hotels in Mauritius are situated and ending the trip at its north part, having beautiful views of Benitiers Island and of the large west coast lagoon.
You will start this ride in-land and finish right into the sea splashing through the waves riding your horse. So, take your time and enjoy this outstanding landscape with your horse.
During your horse ride, you can have a nice chat with the professional guides, who would be happy to share their experience and love for the horses with you.
After 1 hour 30 minute ride, you will return to the stables where you can spend more time with the horses.
About the Stud
The adult horses and 2 ponies (ideal for children) are kept and trained in this unique environment of Le Morne. The horses are treated and vaccinated. They are taken care of with regular exercise everyday and are fed with freshly cut grass and cereals. These horses are ideal for both beginners and experienced riders. They are very calm and ensure a safe and pleasant ride also for the non-experienced riders.
- This ride is suitable for all levels, including for those with no horse riding experience
- This is a private horse riding trip
- For experience riders, the trail and technical aspect of the ride are adjusted accordingly for providing the most rewarding riding experience
- All along you will be accompanied by two professional guides
- Horse riding equipments such as riding helmets, chaps, boots and clothes will be offered at the club.
- 2 ponies are available for children starting from 3 years old
- Refreshments are offered at the end of the horse ride
- The private horseback rides last approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Due to different level of riding by each client, and to guarantee top personal service and maximum enjoyment, all riders are done on Private basis only
- If an advanced rider would want to ride for 1 hour 30 minutes on the beach, morning ride is recommended as there is less people on the beach and therefore easy to trot and gallop.
About the Exclusive West Coast Sunset Cruise:
Enjoy a romantic and relaxed evening on board of a catamaran, while enjoying the company of your loved ones or friends.
The catamaran cruise departs at around 16:45 from La Carangue Jetty at Black River, situated on the West of Mauritius. Expected arrival time back to Black River is 19:00
Soft drinks, Alcoholic beverages and a selection of snacks will be offered during the cruise
You will embark onboard beautiful 44 feet luxury catamaran for an unforgettable two hours unique sunset cruise done inside Mauritius’ largest lagoon along the west coast and while enjoying complimentary soft drinks and alcoholic beverages and local snacks as part of the cruise.
The sunsets seen on the entire west coast of Mauritius are legendary, and the best way to experience one is from the ocean. You will see a symphony of colors in the sky, a mixture of red, purple, blues, pinks and mesmerizing yellow.
Since the region of the Tamarin Bay is home to herds of dolphins, with some luck, sometimes during this trip you will be able to see dolphins swimming beside the catamaran. If this will happen, the crew will stop the boat, in order for you to observe these great animals from close in their natural environment.
This mountainous part of the island contrasts the rich fauna of the Black River Gorges with the wild and beautiful sandy beaches of Tamarin Bay where one can admire incredible sunsets with surfers on the Horizon.
Local snacks which will be served as part of the cruise include
- Gateaux piments
- Samoussa (veg and non-veg)
- Toast with paté
- Olives and cheese
Selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are offered throughout the sunset cruise
- Rose and white wine
About the catamaran
It is a luxurious 44 feet catamaran offering comfort and space bearing in mind the numerous features that it has. A sunshade is part of the catamaran for you to protect yourself from the scorching sun. Also, you will enjoy some music played on a Hi-Fi Stereo(MP3). The catamaran’s maximum capacity: 27 people.
Moreover, the catamaran is also equipped with 2 toilets, a fully equipped kitchen and oven and stove.
- Luxurious Catamaran 44 Feet (DEEN 440)
- Two steering stations
- Lounge—Dining Room
- 4 Double bedrooms
- 2 Toilets
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Oven & Stove
Additional equipment and gear includes: Radar, Fish finder, VHF Radio, G.P.S, Pirogue with 15hp.
Additional information regarding this tour package
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
- Family Car - Up to 4 passengers
- SUV Car - Up to 6 passengers
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people): 75 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a SUV big Car (for up to 6 people): 85 Euro
The Prices are per vehicle referring to the number of passengers applicable for each vehicle type.
Excursions & Entry Tickets Packages
When ordering this package you benefit special discounted package price on these trips and excursions.
Special discounted price for the package
- Total price the Horseback Beach Riding & Evening Cruise for 2 people: 600 Euro (300 Euro / person)
- Supplement for each additional adult: 135 Euro
- Supplement for each additional child (ages 3-12): 105 Euro
Customers who bought this activity also purchased