Mauritius Safari and Bird Park - adventure in the heart of nature!
The Mauritius Safari and Bird Park is a real animal's sanctuary. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
The visit to the park includes: visit to the Bird Park, visit to the Petting Farm, and access to the many facilities of the park such as the children corner and the restaurant.
The Bird Park is home to 150 species of birds from 5 different continents, including the lovely long necked Pink Pigeons which until recently were threatened with extinction. The Pink Pigeons can be seen alongside hundreds of other exotic species from Asia, Australia, Africa and America.
The park also had a very beautiful Petting farm. The Petting Farm is a great joyful experience for children where they can meet and pet “Bambi” the deer, Lori the cockatoo and Cecile the wild boar amongst other animals.
At the petting farm a great lesson of love and care for animals is taught by the staff of the farm.
For the convenience of the visitors, the park offers facilities such as a restaurant, children mini-club (games, slides, swings etc), snacks bar and souvenirs shops.
Visiting the park is an ideal getaway for people of all ages, whether you are animal lovers, birdwatchers or just looking to have some great outdoors fun time.
Mini Safari Bus Trip - Another attraction of the park is the Mini-Safari tour. It is a unique safari bus trip which takes you into the Yemen natural reserve park and into the African Savannah. As part of the safari bus trip you will get to discover the beautiful nature of the Yemen nature reserve whilst observing the wild animals in their habitat.
The visit to the safari takes place in a safari bus which departs every hour (between 09:00-16:00). The duration of the safari bus trip is about 45 minutes.
The Mini Safari Bus Trip is not included in the price of the entrance to the park and is offered for an additional charge of 5 Euro per person.
Additional activities offered at the Park:
- The entry ticket price includes: entrance tickets to the bird park, access to the petting farm and to all the facilities of the park
- The charge for the Mini Safari Bus Trip (45 minutes safari bus trip) is 5 Euro/person
- Duration of the total visit to the park: around 2-4 hours
- The park is open every day except on the 25th December and 1st January
- The price of the activity is valid until 1st December, 2014. For later bookings, a new price list will be applicable.
Mini Safari Bus Trip – Price per Participant: 5 Euro
- Price per Adult: 12 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 3-12): 8 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-2): Free of charge