Visit & Tour of Bois Cheri
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 13:30|
|Operating Days||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday|
|Duration||1 hrs 30 mins|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Open on public holidays|
Visit to Bois Chéri, the biggest tea producer in Mauritius.
Bois Chéri is the first tea plantation in Mauritius dates back to 1892.
Visiting the Bois Chéri is the second stop in the Mauritian Tea Route (the first stop is the Domaine des Aubineaux).
A guide will lead you through the factory and the tea plantation, offering you to discover the history, stories and tales of the Bois Chéri and the importance of tea productions in Mauritius.
After the guided tour of the tea factory, you will visit the tea production museum learning more about the history of tea in Mauritius.
The Bois Chéri offers a great panoramic view of the south of the island.
Nowadays Bois Chéri produces a new range of flavored teas, green teas and herbal teas. You may taste them during your visit.
Your visit to the Bois Chéri plantation includes
- A guided tour of the Bois Cheri tea factory
- Visit to the tea museum
- Visit to the tea plantation
- A tea tasting at the chalet (tea & biscuits)
The visit to the Bois Chéri plantation takes 1-2 hours.
Operating days of Bois cheri:
- Monday - 08:30 to 12:30
- Tuesday to Saturdays - 08:30 to 13:30
- Monday to Sunday (including public holidays) from 9:00 to 17:00
- The Bois Cheri factory is operational on Wednesdays only
- The Tea Factory works in the mornings usually until 11:45 AM and all guides and clients have access to the first floor of the factory only
- Price per Adult: 14 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 5-12): 8 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-4): Free of charge