Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile
Discover the island’s pristine flora and fauna at Domaine de L’Etoile’s nature reserve.
While hiking up the mountain, listen to the rustling trees, chirping of the tropical birds, and contemplate on the wild beauty with outstanding turquoise-blue ocean views. Throughout this hiking trip you are sure to enjoy amazing landscapes and panoramic views which you will encounter during the hike; just don't forget your camera – the views are breathtaking!
The guide will inform you about the different animal and plant species that will cross your path. Domaine de L’Etoile hosts a number of endemic plants such as orchids, traveller’s trees, ebony trees and others. You may also encounter, wild boars, monkeys and bats, as well as bird species which were on the brink of extinction such as Kestrels and Green Cateaux. If you’re lucky, you might even spot the Rusa deer that inhabit the domaine.
The hike is an easy walk and is perfect for those wanting to experience the tranquility of nature without the crowds.
About Domaine de L’Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, Domaine de L’Etoile remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius.
The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveller’s trees, banana trees and more. A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Domaine de l’Etoile is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deer and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
About The Guide And The Spirit Of The Trip
All hiking excursions and treks will be supervised by experienced and professional guides in Mauritius. During the hike, the guide will share extensive knowledge about the reserve and its surrounding areas.
The trip will take you around some of the most beautiful places in Mauritius and you will get to learn more about the fauna and flora and what’s being done towards its preservation, making this a unique and enriching experience.
About Hiking In Mauritius
The little gem of Mauritius raises its glory much more above than its famed white sandy beaches, swaying palm trees and stretched blue azure lagoons. Being a volcanic island, it has several breathtaking summits and valleys to explore on foot. The island is well known for its distinct flora and fauna. Its flora is composed of 700 species of indigenous plants.
To learn more about hiking and trekking in Mauritius check our Trekking in Mauritius page
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
As part of this package you also have the option to benefit from a delectable lunch at the Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant, where you can savour on a menu of the day. At this restaurant, you will be offered a typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Note: The restaurant is closed on Mondays
Adults Classic Menu
- Pasta salad with Pesto, Tomato Mozzarella
- Mini Sandwich
- white sandwich loaf, soft boiled egg, mayonnaise, watercress, tomato OR
- french bread, chicken ham, butter, lettuce, tomato, cheese
- Chicken Leg Tandoori
- Chips & Puff Pastry
- Cheese & Crakers
- Season Fruits
- Coconut Biscuit
Adults Formal Menu
- Crudités & assortment of sauce
- Quiche with cheese & brède
- Californian Roll, Sambal sauce
- Mini Sandwich - Bread with cereals, smoked marlin, horseradish cream, spring onions, fougasse, marinated grilled vegetables, tomato salsa, olive & pesto
- Roasted chicken, potato salad with mustard & coleslaw
- Prawn cocktails, pineapple & papaya
- Soft chocolate
- Season Fruits
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
Additional activities offered at the Park
- 1-Hour Night Buggy Ride
- Quad or Buggy Ride
- 3.5 km Ziplining
- Horse Riding Excursion
- Kids Adventure Park
- Kids Pony Ride at Domaine de L’Etoile
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- 0.5L of mineral water offered per person
- One or two guides according to the size of the group for guided hike
- Duration of the hike may vary according to participants fitness levels
- Do not forget: sunscreen, mosquito repellent, good walking shoes and your camera. It is also advised to wear long trousers if possible.
- A towel and spare change of clothes can be brought along, should you wish to shower after the excursion.
Price per participant: 51 Euro
Optional Lunch Prices:
- Adults Classic Menu: 25 Euro
- Adults Formal Menu: 29 Euro
- Kids Menu: 14 Euro