Quad Ride In Nature At The East Coast (Etoile Reserve)
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||This quad biking activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00 Am, 13:30 Pm and 15:30 Pm Minimum Age: Quad: 12 years old - Minimum Participants: 2 - The restaurant is closed on Mondays|
This Activity Is Not Operational Until Further Notice
Safari Quad Biking Trip in East Coast Nature Reserve (L'Etoile Reserve)
Experience an adventurous 2-hour Quad Biking Ride in one of the most preserved regions in Mauritius!
For nature fans also seeking some adrenalin this is the perfect leisure activity.
Experience an adventurous activity in an amazing natural setting, where you will be taken off the beaten track to discover the hidden gems of the island.
The trip is a great way for the whole family to explore the lush countryside and spot the doe-eyed deer and wild boar that were brought to the island over a century ago.
The excursion is done at the 1,200 hectares of a natural reserve, rich with greenery, hills, mountains, ponds and rivers.
This quad biking drive offers intense pleasure to appreciate the exclusivity and the charm that prevails in the domaine.
About the Quad Biking Trip
Ride through 1200 hectares of green hills, mountains, ponds and rivers of the Domaine De L'Etoile Réserve. The activity takes place in Mauritius’ reserve which was a private hunting domaine before. Today, it is a private nature reserve where luxurious fauna and flora can be admired.
Upon arrival to the Domain, you will receive a welcome cocktails followed by a Safety Briefing and a Basic Quad Biking Driving Lesson.
As part of the trip, you will explore large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way and to provide interesting information on the spectacular surroundings and introduce you to the endemic flora and fauna.
From up the mountains you will have panoramic views where more than half of Mauritius can be seen; from the central plateaus to the Lion Mountain via the Moka range. You will also be able to admire the birds, deer and other animals that roam along in the reserve.
You will have the privilege to watch Kestrels, Mauritian Cardinals Java Stag Deers ( Rare deers found in Mauritius), boars, monkey and bats as well as the rare species of birds like the “Cateau Vert” and the “Crescerelle.”
You drive in a group led by experienced guides.
The instructors are outgoing and friendly and talk about the history of the natural site, the meaning of this nature reserve and give a lot of geographic information in a very interesting way.
You can enjoy this amazing experience on a 2-seater quad.
- 09:45 - Arrive at the reserve and receive a refreshing welcome cocktail
- 10:00 - 10:15- You will have a briefing session by the instructors followed by a Test Drive
- 10:15 - 12:00- Adventure time! Enjoy 2 hours of Quad Biking while discovering the fauna and flora of the Domaine de l’Etoile reserve as well as enjoying spectacular views
- 12:00 - Return to the Domaine
About Domaine de l'Etoile
The Domaine is definitely the most preserved region in Mauritius. It is all about indigenous forests rich of several varieties of plants and trees with the famous ancient ebony trees and more endemic species. The Domaine also includes crystalline sources and rivers that extend to distant mountains. This natural environment favors the survival of wild animals, while you will be able to admire deers, boars, monkeys and bats as well as rare species of birds such as the “Cateau Vert” and the “ Crescerelle”.
The visitors of “Domaine de L’Etoile” are those who describe it best. A unique and natural land which submerges you at the core of a green, authentic and captivating Mauritius. “Splendid, extraordinary, astounding, magical, amazing”:
The spectacular panorama, indigenous forests, bountiful valleys, sparkling rivers, stags from Java and endemic birds are the wonders which pass in front of their eyes.
The intense feeling which accompanies these discoveries contrast with the peacefulness and serenity of the restaurant area. Around the divine dishes with the genuine flavours of the local cuisine, each guest re-lives the extraordinary moment, he has experienced during the day.
Included in the price
- Welcome cocktail
- Test drive & security briefing
- Sanitary caps with helmets
- 2 hours guided quad
- 2 hours guided tour
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Refreshing towel after tour
About the vehicles
- No. of Vehicles: 8 Double seated “Arctic Cat” Quad Bikes and 7 Double seated “Caram”
- Type: Arctic Cat- 400 cc (4x4) & 700 cc (4x4) | Caram- 400 cc
- Maximum number of people per tour: 15 x 2 = 30 persons
- Age requirement: Drivers must be 17 years old or older. Passengers must be at least 12 years old
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
As part of this package you also have the option to benefit from a delectable lunch at the Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant, where you can savour on a menu of the day. At this restaurant, you will be offered a typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Adults Classic Menu
- Pasta salad with Pesto, Tomato Mozzarella
- Mini Sandwich
- white sandwich loaf, soft boiled egg, mayonnaise, watercress, tomato OR
- french bread, chicken ham, butter, lettuce, tomato, cheese
- Chicken Leg Tandoori
- Chips & Puff Pastry
- Cheese & Crakers
- Season Fruits
- Coconut Biscuit
Adults Formal Menu
- Crudités & assortment of sauce
- Quiche with cheese & brède
- Californian Roll, Sambal sauce
- Mini Sandwich - Bread with cereals, smoked marlin, horseradish cream, spring onions, fougasse, marinated grilled vegetables, tomato salsa, olive & pesto
- Roasted chicken, potato salad with mustard & coleslaw
- Prawn cocktails, pineapple & papaya
- Soft chocolate
- Season Fruits
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
Note: The restaurant is closed on Mondays
Additional activities offered at the Park
- 1-Hour Night Buggy Ride
- Guided Hiking
- 3.5 km Ziplining
- Horse Riding Excursion
- Kids Adventure Park
- Kids Pony Ride at Domaine de L’Etoile
- This activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00, 13:30 and 15:30
- An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Children above the age of 12 can enjoy the quad an adult on a double quad bike
- You have to be 17 years old or more to drive the quad
- Pregnant women and physically challenged person are not authorized to go on this excursion
- It is recommended to participants to wear sports shoes with socks and to wear long trousers
- Helmets, goggles, coats, are also provided
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available for the use of visitors. Accordingly, it is recommend to bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion
- The park is open every day
- What to bring: Sun block cream, mosquito repellent, good footwear and a camera!
- Note: The restaurant is closed on Mondays
Price for Quads:
- Single Quad: 90 Euro / Participant
- Double Quad: 120 Euro (2 Participants)
Optional Lunch Prices:
- Adults Classic Menu: 25 Euro
- Adults Formal Menu: 29 Euro
- Kids Menu: 14 Euro
This Activity Is Not Operational Until Further Notice
Please contact us on +230 269 1000 or +230 5257 5757 to check for availability before proceeding with the booking.