Horse Riding Excursion
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Children with previous riding experience are accepted from the age of 6 (Galop 2) - This activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00, 13:30 and 15:30|
A horseback excursion in one of the most beautiful nature rich domains of Mauritius.
The horse riding is done in a beautiful private domain, spreading over 1200 hectares situated in the east of Mauritius.
Far from the city rush, situated in a very peaceful and calm environment, you will be welcomed by very friendly staff and you will get to meet your horse. You will receive welcome cocktails upon arrival, followed by a safety briefing and a basic riding lesson. The landscape in the domain is rather mountainous and offers the visitors spectacular panoramic views, indigenous forests, beautiful valleys, sparkling rivers, and encounters with wild animals and endemic birds.From the domain’s peak, half of Mauritius can be seen: the central plateaus, the Moka mountain range, and also major parts of the coastline.
As part of your horse riding excursion you will be able to view kestrels, Mauritian cardinals, Java stag deers (rare deers foud in Mauritius), boars, monkeys and bats as well as rare species of birds like the "Cateau vert" and the "Crescerelle".
The horse riding trips are performed every day in the morning or during the afternoon, and are planned carefully according to the riding level of the riders so each rider will be sure to fully enjoy the ride and have memorable moments.
The horseback rides lasts approximately 1 hour and will take place in small groups of 7 riders maximum.
So saddle up and prepare for an exhilarating ride where you can view the stunning surroundings of the area! Do not forget your camera to capture beautiful memories in this picturesque backdrop
About Domaine de l'Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius. The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
It is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deers and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
About the Horses
The horses are “Boerperds.” This race of horses from South Africa is considered by experts as the ideal family horse – ideal for quiet rides by non-experienced riders. The nobility of these horses, their presence and their beauty makes them for centuries, an outstanding companion.
Experienced guides will ride alongside allowing riders of all levels to enjoy the horse riding experience in maximum safety and to enjoy the scenery all along the ride.
- Number of horses: 7
- Type of horse: South African “Boerperd”
- Saddle: Western Saddle and stirrups
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Starters - "Ti-Madame" Gajack
- Garlic bread and homemade samossas
- Coriander chutney and crushed chili
- Octopus salad, ridge gourd and mesclun salad
Main Course - Live cooking station
- Traditional chicken curry
- Rougaille of the day
- Parathas (Indian flat bread)
- Plain rice and pulses
- Green banana curry and stewed pumpkin
- Selection of chutneys and sambals
Desert of the day
- Domaine' café gourmand
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
Additional activities offered at the Park
- 1-Hour Night Buggy Ride
- Quad or Buggy Ride
- Guided Hiking
- 3.5 km Ziplining
- Kids Adventure Park
- Kids Pony Ride at Domaine de L’Etoile
- This activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00, 13:30 and 15:30
- Included in the price: welcome cocktail, entrance fees to the private grounds and horse riding guidance.
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available for the use of visitors (bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion).
- Pregnant women and physically challenged person are not authorized to go on this excursion.
- Children with previous riding experience are accepted from the age of 6 (Galop 2)
- It is required to wear long trousers, and sport shoes with socks.
- All along you will be accompanied by professional guides Horse riding equipment such as riding helmets will be offered.
- Weight Limitation: max 90 kg
Horse riding Excursion
- Price per Participant: 57 Euro
Optional Lunch Prices:
- Adults Menu:25 Euro
- Kids Menu:6 Euro
Customers who bought this activity also purchased