Underwater Solar Sea Walk in Grand Baie
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Duration||1 hrs 30 mins|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Participants do not need to know how to swim and glasses/ contact lenses can be worn|
Contact Us+230 269 1000 Send Message
90-Min Underwater Solar Sea walk in Grand Baie - Overview
Come explore the Indian Ocean in a unique new way. Walk on the seafloor and discover this exhilarating experience of being surrounded by water and beautiful underwater life.
Feel the adrenaline rush through your body as you go underwater to observe and interact with the underwater creatures. As exciting as it feels before the actual experience, once you are under water, you will feel completely relaxed, happy and at peace. What you will see is truly out of this world, a unique activity you will never forget.
This amazing package is ideal for families or groups of friends. You will get to dive and walk under the sea and discover the pristine marine world with the world's first solar powered eco-diving equipment.
Highlights of this package:
- Experience walking on the ocean floor of the amazing Indian Ocean
- Have a great time underwater while capturing great memories with families and friends
- Enjoy an underwater adventure with experienced guides for you to always feel safe
- Walk through shoals of fish to meet the different marine species
- Discover Mauritius from a new angle via this unique way
- You can enjoy the boat ride and chill onboard even if you will not be diving (optional)
90-Min Underwater Solar Sea walk in Grand Baie - Inclusions
- Walk on the seafloor at 3-4 metres of water depth
- 1 hour 30 mins total activity duration including boat trip
- 25 minutes walking underwater
- Briefing provided by experts before the activity
- Square helmet provided
- Electric compressors powered by the solar system to produce oxygen
- Plastic shoes provided
- 5 trained & experienced guides to accompany you
- Optional: Non-Diving Visitors are welcome aboard (subject to extra cost)
Grand Baie, North region
|Operating Days:||Monday to Saturday|
|Activity Time:||10.00/ 12.00/ 13.30|
|Duration:||1 hour 30 mins (25 minutes walking underwater)|
About the 90-Min Solar Sea walk - Underwater Walk in Grand Baie
Live an extraordinary adventure underwater, walking on the seafloor to discover the beauty of Mauritian waters. Walk through the reefs and watch marine life unfold before you.
The duration of the activity is around 90 minutes. You will be asked to arrive at the meeting point, Grand Bay, 15 minutes prior to the starting time, and then you will be taken to your boat. The activity has 3 time slots during the day. You will then head to the diving spot where you will jump out of the boat to walk under the sea.
- 1st session: 10:00
- 2nd session: 12:00
- 3rd session: 13:30
The underwater walk, powered by the sun, is an easy and suitable activity, accessible to the whole family. No previous knowledge of diving and swimming is required to be able to do this activity as you are guided every step of the way. Comfort is guaranteed for this underwater walk as you will be given plastic shoes to walk on the underwater sands. The guides will accompany you throughout your underwater tour to make sure you feel safe.
Before going under water, you will receive a safety briefing and a square helmet connected to solar-powered electric compressors to produce oxygen underwater. Instructors will make sure you feel safe and are able to breathe into the helmet before the descent. The dive location is inside the reef, at about 3-4 metres of turquoise water. Your safety and security is a top priority too - there is an underwater guide and 2 surface divers with you at all times, so you can be rest assured it will be great fun for the whole family while in complete safety.
Unlike other water activities you may be familiar with, the solar underwater walk is both a challenging and fun experience. You will be able to meet many types of fish residing in the warm island waters of the Indian Ocean. Feed them with your own hands, walk amongst them, walk through the shoals and enjoy this extraordinary feeling.
The guides will let you know when it is time to go back to the boat and it will mark the end of your undersea walk. Once back on the boat, you will make your way to the shore, revelling in this peaceful feeling.
If you do not wish to undertake the activity but simply want to accompany your loved one who is diving, you can choose to stay onboard and enjoy the boat ride (subject to extra cost). The sea surrounding Mauritius is already a very nice view to behold and you will enjoy the sea trip.
About the Solar Sea Walk - Undersea Walk
The Solar Sea Undersea Walk is an underwater activity in shallow water that uses solar energy without any relation to scuba diving.
This activity is a form of helmet diving using a "free flow" air supply, which means that air pumped by a hose from the surface flows freely into the helmet at a constant volume at all times - unlike scuba diving where air from a self-contained tank is only delivered on demand.
What makes this activity stand out from other undersea walk activities is that it is Environment Friendly: 100% untainted air is pumped to square non distortion helmets using electric compressors powered by the sun. Even the compressors are very unique as they don’t use any lubrication, so not even micro fumes taint the breathing air unlike other systems on similar activities.
Extra sunblock cream
- Age Restrictions: As from 7 years old (accompanied by an adult)
- Participants do not need to know how to swim
- Glasses or contact lenses may be worn, as participants will not get their head wet.
- 12 people can be taken on board & 6 people can go down at one time.
- This trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Non-Diving Visitors are welcome aboard (subject to extra cost)
- Activity is still carried out under rain unless safety is compromised.
- Underseawalk is closed on Sundays but can operate with a minimum of 25 pax.
- The management reserves the right to cancel the trip due to any unforeseen circumstance such as bad weather and postpone it to another day.
|Underwater Solar Sea Walk in Grand Baie|
|Price per Participant||45 Euros|
|Price per Non-Diving Participant||15 Euros|