Horse Riding Excursion & Quad Biking - Full Day Package
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 17:00|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||Suitable from age 12 years. Both activities are offered thrice a day at: 10:00, 13:30 and 15:30|
Horse Riding Excursion & Quad Biking - Full day Package
As part of this Full Day Package you will enjoy a horseback excursion and experience an adventurous 2 hour Quad Biking activity, in one of the most preserved regions in Mauritius!
This is a great full day of activities that will allow you to discover the natural beauty of the island, besides its famed beaches and lagoons. Experience an adventurous fast-paced quad bike ride through the reserve and slow things down with a gentle horse-riding activity, where you will be taken off the beaten track to discover the hidden gems of the island.
From up the mountains you will have panoramic views where more than half of Mauritius can be seen; from the central plateaus to the Lion Mountain via the Moka mountain range.
You will have the privilege to watch Kestrels, Mauritian Cardinals, Java Stag Deer ( Rare deer found in Mauritius), boars, monkeys and bats as well as the rare species of birds like the “Cateau Vert” and the “Crescerelle.”
As part of this day package you will enjoy a selection of activities:
- Quad Biking Excursion (2 hours)
- Mauritian Lunch
- Horseback Riding Activity (1 hour)
- Free time to hike inside the domaine
Suggested Day Itinerary
- 07:30 – 08:00* Pick up from your place of accommodation
- 09:45 Arrival at the reserve. You will enjoy a welcome cocktail and fill the disclaimer form
- 10:00 – 10:15 Quad biking Excursion- You will have a briefing session by the instructors followed by a Test Drive
- 10:15 – 12:15 Adventure time. Enjoy 2 hours of Quad Biking while discovering the fauna and flora of the reserve
- 12:15 - 14:00 Return to the Domaine’s restaurant to enjoy a delicious Mauritian Buffet
- 14:00- 15:30 Spend some free leisure time in the Domaine, where you can explore the reserve.
- 15:30 – 16:30 Time for the Horse Riding Excursion. Discover the scenery of the charming reserve with a 1 hour ride on Horseback.
- 17:00 - 17:30* Drop off at your place of accommodation
* The exact pick up / drop off times will be determined according to the location of your place of accommodation.
Information about each Excursion
About the Quad Biking Trip
Ride through 1200 hectares of green hills, mountains, ponds and rivers of the Domaine De L'Etoile Réserve. The activity takes place in Mauritius’ reserve which was a private hunting domaine before. Today, it is a private nature reserve where luxurious fauna and flora can be admired.
Upon Arrival to the Domain, you will receive welcome cocktails followed by a Safety Briefing and a Basic Quad Biking Lesson. You drive in a group led by experienced guides who are not only outgoing and friendly, but will also be able to give you information on the historical, geographical and significant aspects of the Domaine.
As part of the trip, you will explore large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way, provide you with interesting information on the spectacular surroundings and introduce you to the endemic flora and fauna. You will also be able to admire the birds, deer and other animals that roam along in the reserve.
You can enjoy this amazing experience in Mauritius on your own or together with your partner - You have a choice between a single quad or a double quad, ideal for 2 people.
About the vehicles
- No. of Vehicles: 8 Double seated “Arctic Cat” Quad Bikes and 7 Double seated “Caram”
- Type: Arctic Cat- 400 cc (4x4) & 700 cc (4x4) | Caram- 400 cc
- Age requirement: Drivers must be 17 years old or older. Passengers must be at least 12 years old
About the Horse Riding Excursion
The horse riding is done in a beautiful private domaine. The landscape at that domaine is rather mountainous and offers the visitors spectacular panoramic views, indigenous forests, beautiful valleys, sparkling rivers, and encounters with wild animals and endemic birds.
The horse riding trips are performed every day in the morning or during the afternoon, and are planned carefully according to the riding level of the riders so each rider will be sure to fully enjoy the ride and have memorable moments.
The horseback rides lasts approximately 1 hour and will take place in small groups of 7 riders maximum.
So saddle up and prepare for an exhilarating ride where you can view the stunning surroundings of the area!
About the Horses
The horses are “Boerperds.” This race of horses from South Africa is considered by experts as the ideal family horse – ideal for quiet rides by non-experienced riders. The nobility of these horses, their presence and their beauty makes them for centuries, an outstanding companion.
Experienced guides will ride alongside allowing riders of all levels to enjoy the horse riding experience in maximum safety and to enjoy the scenery all along the ride.
- Number of horses: 7
- Type of horse: South African “Boerperd”
- Saddle: Western Saddle and stirrups
More about the Domaine and the landscape
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius. The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
It is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deers and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
Additional information regarding this day tour package
Included in the price of this special day package are
- All trips and excursions charges
- All entry fees
- Test drive & security briefing
- 2 hrs guided quad biking tour
- Approximately 1 hour guided horse riding excursion
- Welcome Cocktail and Mineral Water during the trips
- Sanitary caps with helmets and all necessary equipment
- Refreshing towel and hot showers after tour
- Complete Mauritian buffet lunch
- Full transportation to all the sights including pickup and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius (optional)
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights (optional)
- Both activities (Quad Biking and Horse Riding) are offered during 3 time slots, at: 10h00, 13h00 and 15h30
- An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Children above the age of 12 can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike
- You have to be 17 years old or more to drive a quad (or 12 years and above, to join the quad biking trip as a passenger)
- Helmets, goggles and coats are also provided for the Quad Bike Tour
- The horse riding excursion is suitable from the age of 12 years old.
- Weight Limitation: max 90 kg
- All along you will be accompanied by professional guides Horse riding equipment such as riding helmets will be offered.
- Pregnant women and physically challenged person are not authorized to go on this excursion
- It is recommended to participants to wear sports shoes with socks and to wear long trousers
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available for the use after the excursions. Accordingly, it is recommended to bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion
- The park is open every day from 09h00 - 17h00
- What to bring: Sun block cream, mosquito repellent, good footwear, long trousers, sport shoes, socks and a camera!
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
- Family Car - Up to 4 passengers
- 6 Seater vehicle - Up to 6 passengers
- Minivan - Up to 12 passengers
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Starters - "Ti-Madame" Gajack
- Garlic bread and homemade samosas
- Coriander chutney and crushed chili
- Octopus salad, ridge gourd and mesclun salad
Main Course - Live cooking station
- Traditional chicken curry
- Rougaille of the day
- Chicken BBQ with Lemon and Honey
- Chicken Sausages
- Grilled Catch of the Day with Coriander and Ginger
- Domaine Venison Dry Curry
- Plain rice and pulses
- Green banana curry and stewed pumpkin
- Chatini and sambals selection
Desert of the day
- Domaine' café gourmand
Excursions & Entry Tickets Packages
When ordering this day package you benefit special discounted package price on these trips and excursions.
The special discounted package prices are detailed in the table here below
|Number of Participants||No. of Single Quads||No. of Double Quads||Horse Riding Trip||Lunch||Total Price (Euro)|
Please note that in case of even number of participants (For example: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10) each two participants will ride one double quad. In case odd number of participants (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), one of the participants will have to ride a single quad bike.
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people): 79 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people): 85 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 12 people): 105 Euro
The Prices are per vehicle referring to the number of passengers applicable for each vehicle type.