Big Cats Interactions at Casela Park
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Comment||The park is open daily from 9am to 5pm, except on Saturdays until 9pm for Casela By Night|
Big Cats Interactions (Casela Nature Parks) - Overview
The Big Cats Interaction at Casela Nature Parks is a unique activity to come face-to-face with one of these impressive predators (Caracals, Servals & Cheetahs).
As part of this Interaction, you get to spend an exciting time inside the enclosures of the Caracals, Servals or Cheetahs, and discover these magnificent animals from up close. The size and strength of these predators becomes abundantly clear as does their playfulness and swift agility. The beauty of these animals can really be appreciated when you’re face to face with them.
- Come face-to-face with one of these impressive predators
- Learn more about the Big cats and their world from the keepers
- Once in a lifetime photo opportunities
- Interact with the Big Cats in a safe environment
Big Cats Interactions (Casela Nature Parks) - Inclusions
- Choose between interacting with Caracals/ Serval or Cheetahs
- 15-mins of direct contact and interaction with chosen Big Cat in its enclosure
- Learn about the Big Cats firsthand from the keeper
- Activity carried out under close supervision in a safe environment
Important: The Big Cats Interactions are done at the Predator Kingdom which is part of Casela Nature Parks. The price for the Big Cats Interactions does not include the Entrance ticket. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Big Cats Interactions together with the entry tickets to the park.
Entrance ticket to Casela Nature Parks
- Safari to see zebras, ostriches, white rhinoceros, impalas, antelopes, kudus, wildebeest
- Visit Birds Paradise Park - Walk thru the aviary
- Animal viewing - Giraffe, camel, pygmy hippo, llama viewing
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen
- Access to Pangia Kid’s Park
- Visit Predator Kingdom (Big Cats Kingdom)
- 1 Ride at the Tulawaka Coaster
(All activities and attractions which are not included in this package are pay-as-you-go)
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Casela Nature Parks, Royal Road, West Region
|Operating Hours:||09:00 - 17:00|
|The park is open daily from 9am to 5pm, except on Saturdays until 9pm for Casela By Night (Pangia Rides,Tulawaka Gold Coaster & Wamwam Restaurant).|
|The park will be closed on 25th December and 1st January|
|The timing for the Interactions activities are flexible and can be done during:|
|Interaction with Big Cats:||09h15 - 16h15|
|Caracal/ Serval Interaction||15 minutes with the Caracals/Serval|
|Cheetah Interaction||15 minutes with the Cheetahs|
|Approximate duration of the Park Visit:||3 hours|
|This activity is offered every day except on Sunday|
About the Big Cats Interactions at Casela Nature Parks
Interaction with Caracal or Serval
Get up close and personal with the Caracal or Serval through an exciting encounter of 15 minutes. Feel the adrenaline rushing through your blood and your heart beating fast as you gently touch the Caracal or Serval. This is an experience like no other, under the supervision of professional handlers.
About the Caracal: The name Caracal is derived from a Turkish word “karakulak” meaning “black ear.” It is the largest member of Africa’s small cats, and it is most formidable. Often referred to as the desert lynx, the Caracal does not possess the same physical attributes of members of the lynx family, such as the characteristic ruff of hair around the face. Caracal has a short, dense coat, usually a consistent tawny-brown to brick-red, and black individuals have been recorded. Males can weigh as much as 40 pounds, and females as much as 35.
About the Serval: Native to Africa, the Serval is a medium-sized cat with incredibly long legs for its size. If you caught a quick glimpse of it, you’d mistake it for a small cheetah. Its huge ears and short tail, coupled with its spotted fur add to its unique look. Their bite is up to 3 times more forceful than an average housecat. These creatures are very shy, so count this as a very unique experience to get up close.
Interaction with Cheetahs
Meet the world’s fastest land animal- the cheetah!
These elegant and graceful mammals, part of the Big Cat family, are an endangered species in the African bush. Experience a unique 15-minute session among these magnificent beasts.
As part of this Cheetah Interaction, you will walk side by side and interact with the cheetahs, alongside the handlers. You will have the opportunity to learn about the animals, their habitat and behavior.
About the Cheetah: Cheetahs are a unique and specialized member of the cat family. Being the world’s fastest land animal, it can reach tremendous speeds between 80 – 112 km/h (50- 70 mph). This is because, unlike other cats, the cheetah has a leaner body and longer legs. Unlike lions, cheetahs cannot roar, but they purr instead.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park - World of Adventures
About the Casela Nature Park: Located beside the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius, the Mauritius Casela Nature Park stays true to being a real nature and adventure park. Along with plenty of activities and attractions for all ages, that park also offers magnificent views of the countryside, rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Entrance ticket includes:
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop.
- Visit Birds Paradise Park - Walk thru the aviary - Get ready to be fascinated when visiting the Bird Paradise. Walk through the bird aviary to discover various colorful bird species from all around the world.
- Animal viewing - Giraffe, camel, pygmy hippo, llama viewing - Among the many animals in the park, you will get to see giraffes and pygmy hippos for a unique viewing experience. Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Be sure to stop by the Petting farm and Tortoise pen, the ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- Access to Pangia Kid’s Park - The new Pangia Kid’s Park boasts a children’s playground that will offer fun to the young ones! Make sure to bring along the little ones to let them have their fair share of fun!
- Visit Predator Kingdom (Big Cats Kingdom) - For Big Cat lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Predator Kingdom to enjoy a close view of the big cats such as the roaring lions, the magnificent caracals and the majestic tigers.
- One Ride on the Tulawaka Gold Coaster - The perfect ride for thrill seekers, a unique summer luge running on a 760m track including a cable lift hill, vertiginous descents and bends while offering thrill-seekers an exciting ride with a breathtaking view of the west coast of Mauritius!
Additional Info about Casela Nature Parks
The park includes several thematic worlds, as well as a hub for discovery and learning.
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop. Casela Nature Parks offers several fun ways to get closer to animals of the African Safari: choose between our zebra bus or the safari Quad .
- Predator Kingdom: At the Predator Kingdom, Safari adventures brings you the best of the Big Cats experiences in Mauritius. This is a unique opportunity for visitors to have once in a lifetime experience. Big Cats encounters include: walking with lions, interaction with cheetah, caracal and serval and the drive-thru to see tigers and lions in their natural habitat.
- Thrill Mountain: Thrill Mountain at Casela combines all the mountain and rope activities for thrill-seekers. Jump from a 40m platform into the canyon with the Canyon Swing, zip across breath-taking scenic valleys with plenty of Ziplines, walk on our spectacular Nepalese Bridge, and for the more adventurous: hiking and mountain climbing on the Via Ferrata.
- Birds & Rides: A range of rides, activities and attractions to suit all ages. The Tulawaka Gold Coaster for thrill seekers, slide on a Buoy into the air with a Toboggan Ride, awaken your senses with the 4D Cinema, and discover the most impressive bird species in Mauritius with the Aviary.
- Pangia Kids Park: Pangia Kids Park is a brand new world, full of fun, located in the heart of Casela! Come and experience family time like never before with the Monkey Swing, the Dino Ride, the Mushroom Vortex, the Carousel and so many more! The kids will also become little chefs at the Wamwam restaurant.
(All activities and attractions which are not included in this package are pay-as-you-go)
Additional activities offered at the Park
Private & Exclusivity VIP Option
Exclusive Interaction with the Big Cats
Enjoy a unique Exclusive Private Interaction with the Big Cats for only you and your partners.
For our clients who want that real and more exciting one-on-one experience, we bring to you the Exclusive option of having a Private Interaction with your chosen Big Cat.
You will be accompanied in the enclosure by a personal guide; receive personal care and more explanation from the cat keeper and at the end of your Exclusive Interaction activity, you will receive a complimentary DVD of your experience.
Included in the Private Interaction package:
- Private Interaction with chosen Big Cat (2 participants)
- DVD with pictures of your Interaction activity
Wear appropriate clothing- no long dresses
Sunglasses should be removed during the activity
|Visit of the Casela Nature Parks (Entry tickets)|
|Price per Adult||27 Euros|
|Price per Child (ages 4-12)||21 Euros|
|Price per Baby (ages 0-3)||Free of charge|
|Interaction with Caracal - Shared Basis||15 Euros / Pax|
|Interaction with Cheetahs (Shared Basis)||20 Euros / Participant|
|Exclusive Interaction with Cheetahs||155 Euros (2 Participants)|