Quad In Nature At The East Coast (Etoile Reserve)
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||This quad biking activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00 Am, 13:30 Pm and 15:30 Pm|
Safari Quad Biking Trip in East Coast Nature Reserve (L'Etoile Reserve)
Experience an adventurous 2 hours Quad Biking activity in the most preserved region in Mauritius!
For nature fans also seeking some adrenalin this is the perfect leisure activity.
This is a great trip taking you off the beaten track discovering one of the most romantic spots on the island for you to experience an adventurous Quad biking activity in the most amazing natural setting!
The quad biking trip is a great way for the whole family to explore the lush countryside and spot the doe-eyed deer and wild boar that were brought to the island over a century ago.
The quad biking is done at the 2,000 Hectares of a natural reserve, rich with Green with hills, mountains, ponds and rivers.
The quad biking trip offers intense pleasure to appreciate the exclusivity and the charm that prevails in the domaine.
About the Quad Biking Trip
2 hours of Quad Biking activity in the 2,000 hectares of green hills, mountains, ponds and river of the reserve. The activity takes place in Mauritius’ reserve which was a private hunting domaine before. Today, it is a private nature reserve where luxurious fauna and flora can be admired.
Upon Arrival to the Domain, you will receive a welcome cocktails followed by Safety Briefing and Basis Quad Biking Lesson.
During the quad biking trip, you will past large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way and to provide interesting information on the spectacular surroundings and introduce you to the endemic flora and fauna.
From up the mountains you will have panoramic views on more than half of Mauritius can be seen; from the central plateaus to the Lion Mountain via the Moka range. You will also be able to admire the birds, deer and other animals that roam along in the reserve.
You will have the privilege to watch Kestrel, Mauritian Cardinals Java Stag Deers ( Rare deers found in Mauritius), boars, monkey and bats as well as the rare species of birds like the “Cateau Vert” and the “Crescerelle.”
You drive in a group led by experienced guides. After a last checking of this four-wheel drive, it takes a few minutes to initiate the quad drive.
The instructors are outgoing and friendly and talk about the history of the natural site, the meaning of this nature reserve and give a lot of geographic information in a very interesting way.
You can enjoy this amazing experience in Mauritius as individual or together with your partner - You have a choice between single-sit quad for 1 person and double-sits quad, ideal for 2 people.
09:45 Arrival at the reserve. You will enjoy a welcome cocktail and fill the disclaimer form
10:00 – 10:15 You will have a briefing session by the instructors followed by a Test Drive
10:15 – 12:15 Adventure time. Enjoy 2 hours of Quad Biking while discovering the fauna and flora of the reserve
**12:00 – 13:00 Return to the domaine’s restaurant, to enjoy a delicious Mauritian Buffet**(optional)
About The Domaine
The Domaine is definitely the most preserved region in Mauritius. It is all about indigenous forests rich of several varieties of plants and trees with the famous ancient ebony trees and more endemic species. The Domaine also includes crystalline sources and rivers that extend to distant mountains. This natural environment favors the survival of wild animals, while you will be able to admire deers, boars, monkeys and bats as well as rare species of birds such as the “Cateau Vert” and the “ Crescerelle”.
The visitors of “Domaine de L’Etoile” are those who describe it best. A unique and natural land which submerges you at the core of a green, authentic and captivating Mauritius. “Splendid, extraordinary, astounding, magical, amazing”:
The spectacular panorama, indigenous forests, bountiful valleys, sparkling rivers, stags from Java and endemic birds are the wonders which pass in front of their eyes.
The intense feeling which accompanies these discoveries contrast with the peacefulness and serenity of the restaurant area. Around the divine dishes with the genuine flavours of the local cuisine, each guest re-lives the extraordinary moment, he has experienced during the day.
Included in the price
- Welcome cocktail
- Test drive & security briefing
- Sanitary caps with helmets
- 2 hours guided tour
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Refreshing towel after tour
Traditional Mauritian lunch buffet (optional)
For an additional cost, we can arrange for you the Mauritian lunch buffet and below, you can have more information about the lunch menu:
Beef Dry Curry, Chicken in Créole Sauce, Chinese cabbage, Lentils, Pumpkins, Rice, Pasta, Sauteed salted fish, Aubergine Chutney, Tomato Chutney, Coconuts & peanuts chutney, Vegetables pickles, Caramelized papaya in fresh orange flavour.
Price for the lunch
- Optional lunch buffet: 19 Euro / person
- No. of Vehicles : 10 Double seated “Arctic Cat” Quad Bikes
- Type : Arctic Cat— 400 cc (4 x 4) & 700 cc (4x4)
- Maximum capacity per tour : 10 x 2 = 20 persons
- Circuit length : 26 Km – 28 Km
- Circuit length : 35 km – 37 km
- Duration : 2 hours
- Included in the price: welcome cocktail, entrance fees to the private grounds, Quad Biking guidance and drinking water (will be provided during the trip).
- The Quad bikes Brands : Arctic Cat 400 cc automatic
- This quad biking activity is offered thrice a day at: 10:00 am, 13:30 Pm and 15:30 Pm
- An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Children above the age of 12 can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike
- You have to be 17 years old or more to drive a quad
- Pregnant women and physically challenged person are not authorized to go on this excursion
- It is recommended to participants to wear sports shoes with socks and to wear long trousers
- Helmets, goggles, coats, are also provided
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available for the use of visitors. Accordingly, it is recommend to bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion
- The park is open every day
- What to bring: Sun block cream, mosquito repellent, good footwear and a camera!
- Price for Single quad – 1 person on each quad: 85 Euro / person
- Price for Double quad – 2 persons on each quad: 140 Euro / quad = 70 Euro / person
Lunch buffet (optional)
- Price per person: 19 Euro
Customers who bought this activity also purchased